I need a good fitness programme

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScaryClown, Jul 2, 2010.

1. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244

P90X is a great, well rounded program. It also has the most difficult and useful 90 minutes of yoga I've seen anywhere.

Another excellent alternative is http://www.crossfit.com/.

Different people have different results with different programs, depending on their relative fitness levels and slews of other factors. P90X is a fantastic place to start for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness, while crossfit or similar programs are geared towards those in better shape. Which isn't to say that P90X is a slouch program by any means. It will kick most people's ass pretty thoroughly, though I don't think I could recommend the accompanying diet unless you're in horrible shape.

2. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    stop eating junk food and get off the computer and you will lose wight....next question please

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    Wow,that's some nice exercise!

Unfortunately my plan to lose weight has come to a halt.
    I got severe bronchitis.
    I think i overworked myself and my immune system crashed.
    Now im taking two types of pills and i have to take shots of antibiotics every day for the next seven days....

Thank you all for your responses.
    When i eventually get better i will continues to train.

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Eat less. And what you do eat, eat healthier and be more active ie jogging, walking, etc.

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I gained weight when I got a promotion & my job went from manual labor to a desk job. Before that half my day involved manual labor, including lifting over 100 lbs often(tractor & trailer parts) & just generally working my ass off. I was extremely fit & strong before I moved to the desk job. So I decided I needed to go back to that kind of activity. I've lost weight following these simple rules.

1. Eat healthy
    I still mainly eat the same portions I used to but everything I eat now either contains healthy vegetables or has healthy vegetables on the side. Rule one is to eat the same amount of vegetables as I do the main portion. Rule two is to eat the vegetables first. Rule three is to eat all the vegetables. Instead of junk food like candy, I eat fruit. In all honesty I haven't miss the junk food & the vegetables as well as fruit make me feel great. Keep in mind that you can still eat some junk food occasionally, just don't over do it or make a habit out of it. Bottom line is reduce sugar intake drastically.

2. Exercise by working hard.
    What I mean by this is that I hate exercise in the traditional way, but really enjoy working outdoors to near exhaustion. It clears the mind, relaxes the body, & makes me feel like I accomplished something for the day. For instance I have quite a few large tree stumps in my yard left over from some trees that fell over the years. For the past month I have taken an axe, pickaxe/mattock, a shovel & manually chopped & dug three of the stumps up. For those that have chopped down a large diameter tree down by hand, you know how hard that is, now multiply that by five & you get the idea. I choose to work in the heat of the day because while it sucks, it also burns more calories & cleans out the system by sweating. Also I'm a fair skinned person & the sun tends to help regulate mood as does exercise. Keep in mind to take breaks to cool off & drink liquids. So far my energy level has more than doubled & I've trimmed the fat, while increasing muscle.

6. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX-GeForce GTX280 Extrem
    Hook your PC up to a generator, that's hooked up to a push bike.

Have to ride the bike to make the PC work........

Want to play games on ya PC... You have to work for it....

Or take up motocross as a side gig to your gaming...

7. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    :)

That might even lower my electricity bill!

8. radackj

radackj New Member

GPU:
    Mobile Ingel 945GM Expres
    Core Performance is a great book with exercises and stretches most you can do around the house. Also P90X is an awesome routine if you feel more energetic. Its not a beginner routine but will wip you into shape if you follow it.

9. There's always boot camp...just kidding hehe anyways, here's what I do everyday:

-6 miles a day with a full backpack (45min)
    -morning: 4 sets of weights (heavy and light) deadlifts, inclined benching, curls, pull-ups, sit-ups etc... (1hr. 20min)
    -mid day: same as morning but just 3 sets.
    -bed time: same as morning.

Eat a good amount of meats, vegetables, drink water alot, dried fruit, no junk food (maybe once a week :)), and every now and then increase the amount of weight you're lifting. Also try and take up some form of mma.

Supplements I take: Calcium+Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Crill Oil, Multitablet Vitamins.

I'm not much of an expert, but this works for me, also I forgot to include Sundays are usually my rest days for running.

EDIT: Every now and then a 15 mile hike in tactical gear feels pretty good (not really......)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  10. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    Unfortunately my bronchitis has turned for the worse,so i cant do any exercises...
    For the first time i was diagnosed with a serious lung disease - chronic bronchitis.
    Meaning that bronchial secretion that is normally excreted trough mouth with healthy people keeps getting stored in my lungs making me susceptible to infection.....

After a month of heavy treatment with aminophylline and two types of corticosteroid intravenous infusion daily and four types of antibiotics i still cant breathe well..

Tomorrow im going to be examined again by lung doctor.
    I hope i will get well this time.
    I really cant do anything right now,let alone exercise....
    And the heat here isnt helping.....

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Lose wight? Nice but here is one I found earlier!

[​IMG]

12. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Your ideal weight is about 82kg!

13. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    Yea,my body mass index is 20-25 so that makes 85-95kg.
    But since im beefed up i could easily tolerate 100-105kg and still remain healthy.

I know the easiest way to lose weight is to stop eating junk food,but its so tasty.... :D

Anyways i know what i must do....
    Thanks guys...

@thecake90, you know,you avatar isnt helping :)

14. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    It's a trap :D

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Drink more water. If you are in a need for a small snack, 0,5L of water will keep the hunger away for some time, because it fills up your stomac. Skip small snacks, eat normal lunch.

16. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    I would have been much easier if it werent for my congenital hypoglycemia.
    Normally blood sugar levels vary from 3.8-6.0(even 5.5)
    Mine are 3-3.6, meaning my brain is forced to always be somewhat hungry, and that is in return making me hungry quite often.

But you are right.
    Adding fruit,like oranges and apples helps :)