I need a good fitness programme

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScaryClown, Jul 2, 2010.

1. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244

P90X is a great, well rounded program. It also has the most difficult and useful 90 minutes of yoga I've seen anywhere.

Another excellent alternative is http://www.crossfit.com/.

Different people have different results with different programs, depending on their relative fitness levels and slews of other factors. P90X is a fantastic place to start for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness, while crossfit or similar programs are geared towards those in better shape. Which isn't to say that P90X is a slouch program by any means. It will kick most people's ass pretty thoroughly, though I don't think I could recommend the accompanying diet unless you're in horrible shape.

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    stop eating junk food and get off the computer and you will lose wight....next question please

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Wow,that's some nice exercise!

Unfortunately my plan to lose weight has come to a halt.
    I got severe bronchitis.
    I think i overworked myself and my immune system crashed.
    Now im taking two types of pills and i have to take shots of antibiotics every day for the next seven days....

Thank you all for your responses.
    When i eventually get better i will continues to train.

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Eat less. And what you do eat, eat healthier and be more active ie jogging, walking, etc.

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I gained weight when I got a promotion & my job went from manual labor to a desk job. Before that half my day involved manual labor, including lifting over 100 lbs often(tractor & trailer parts) & just generally working my ass off. I was extremely fit & strong before I moved to the desk job. So I decided I needed to go back to that kind of activity. I've lost weight following these simple rules.

1. Eat healthy
    I still mainly eat the same portions I used to but everything I eat now either contains healthy vegetables or has healthy vegetables on the side. Rule one is to eat the same amount of vegetables as I do the main portion. Rule two is to eat the vegetables first. Rule three is to eat all the vegetables. Instead of junk food like candy, I eat fruit. In all honesty I haven't miss the junk food & the vegetables as well as fruit make me feel great. Keep in mind that you can still eat some junk food occasionally, just don't over do it or make a habit out of it. Bottom line is reduce sugar intake drastically.

2. Exercise by working hard.
    What I mean by this is that I hate exercise in the traditional way, but really enjoy working outdoors to near exhaustion. It clears the mind, relaxes the body, & makes me feel like I accomplished something for the day. For instance I have quite a few large tree stumps in my yard left over from some trees that fell over the years. For the past month I have taken an axe, pickaxe/mattock, a shovel & manually chopped & dug three of the stumps up. For those that have chopped down a large diameter tree down by hand, you know how hard that is, now multiply that by five & you get the idea. I choose to work in the heat of the day because while it sucks, it also burns more calories & cleans out the system by sweating. Also I'm a fair skinned person & the sun tends to help regulate mood as does exercise. Keep in mind to take breaks to cool off & drink liquids. So far my energy level has more than doubled & I've trimmed the fat, while increasing muscle.

6. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX-GeForce GTX280 Extrem
    Hook your PC up to a generator, that's hooked up to a push bike.

Have to ride the bike to make the PC work........

Want to play games on ya PC... You have to work for it....

Or take up motocross as a side gig to your gaming...

7. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    :)

That might even lower my electricity bill!

8. radackj

radackj New Member

GPU:
    Mobile Ingel 945GM Expres
    Core Performance is a great book with exercises and stretches most you can do around the house. Also P90X is an awesome routine if you feel more energetic. Its not a beginner routine but will wip you into shape if you follow it.

9. There's always boot camp...just kidding hehe anyways, here's what I do everyday:

-6 miles a day with a full backpack (45min)
    -morning: 4 sets of weights (heavy and light) deadlifts, inclined benching, curls, pull-ups, sit-ups etc... (1hr. 20min)
    -mid day: same as morning but just 3 sets.
    -bed time: same as morning.

Eat a good amount of meats, vegetables, drink water alot, dried fruit, no junk food (maybe once a week :)), and every now and then increase the amount of weight you're lifting. Also try and take up some form of mma.

Supplements I take: Calcium+Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Crill Oil, Multitablet Vitamins.

I'm not much of an expert, but this works for me, also I forgot to include Sundays are usually my rest days for running.

EDIT: Every now and then a 15 mile hike in tactical gear feels pretty good (not really......)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  10. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Unfortunately my bronchitis has turned for the worse,so i cant do any exercises...
    For the first time i was diagnosed with a serious lung disease - chronic bronchitis.
    Meaning that bronchial secretion that is normally excreted trough mouth with healthy people keeps getting stored in my lungs making me susceptible to infection.....

After a month of heavy treatment with aminophylline and two types of corticosteroid intravenous infusion daily and four types of antibiotics i still cant breathe well..

Tomorrow im going to be examined again by lung doctor.
    I hope i will get well this time.
    I really cant do anything right now,let alone exercise....
    And the heat here isnt helping.....

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Lose wight? Nice but here is one I found earlier!

[​IMG]

12. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Your ideal weight is about 82kg!

13. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Yea,my body mass index is 20-25 so that makes 85-95kg.
    But since im beefed up i could easily tolerate 100-105kg and still remain healthy.

I know the easiest way to lose weight is to stop eating junk food,but its so tasty.... :D

Anyways i know what i must do....
    Thanks guys...

@thecake90, you know,you avatar isnt helping :)

14. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    It's a trap :D

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Drink more water. If you are in a need for a small snack, 0,5L of water will keep the hunger away for some time, because it fills up your stomac. Skip small snacks, eat normal lunch.

16. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    I would have been much easier if it werent for my congenital hypoglycemia.
    Normally blood sugar levels vary from 3.8-6.0(even 5.5)
    Mine are 3-3.6, meaning my brain is forced to always be somewhat hungry, and that is in return making me hungry quite often.

But you are right.
    Adding fruit,like oranges and apples helps :)