I need a 2 month or older Nvidia driver (320.86 link?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BryanGTR, Dec 22, 2013.

1. BryanGTR

BryanGTR New Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670
    I need a 2 month or older Nvidia driver

I am looking for a 2 month or older NVidia driver for win7 64-bit, my card is a GTX 670 desktop gpu.

Help appreciated thank you

I don't want the driver I put in the title if its still their, that is I believe for a notebook. I just need any driver before 2 weeks ago.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  3. BryanGTR

BryanGTR New Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670
    I cant post anything on this forum since I am a new poster, but I need to try a older driver. My performance in Swtor went down hill the past week.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its the game and or it servers, the drivers have nothing to do with. there are tons of issues with the games engine. I been threw every driver in the 2 years trying to find just 1 driver that makes swtor run how it should, and none of them ever fixed this issues cause it the game engine that is the problem,

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    As others here in the thread mentioned, it's the engine.

It's one of the major reasons the game bombed so hard.

It had problems since day one. They ironed a ton of the big issues out, but the performance was always lacking.

Good luck with the driver though.

6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    This is a forum for the technically minded, maybe its not for you if you cant use searchengines.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Did you snoop a bit around on the official SWTOR forums?
    There are a few tricks, like memory caching, configuration tweaking etc.

Game ran pretty flawless on my old rig while I played it, both solo as endgame raids, it just needs some adjustments to do well.

8. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N108TAORUS X-11G
  9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
  10. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    well use 6xx series card for search and you get way back to 310 , that's about a yr back .
    pick 5xx and go back 2yrs .

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  12. BryanGTR

BryanGTR New Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670
    I fixed the issue, and I don't know why after 2 months of being back playing and recording high quality videos with fraps it suddenly did this.

I disabled my onboard video card that I had thought I disabled long ago and it did not completely fix the issue, but the game never ran perfect to begin with as some of you have said. Disabling Vsync and triple buffering on top of disabling the onboard video for whatever reason the game runs great again, warzones have never ran perfect to begin with however. *I disabled vysnc and triple buffering after disabling the onboard video card, I did not need to do this, it just helped that much more.

About the search engine, I searched for multiple drivers and did not come up with anything that gave me a link. I was sent here by another on the swtor forums, I did not know that NVidia had older drivers on their website. I did several google searches as well before registering here.

Fyi the search engine here does not always works either, it could be my browser yes, but its a pain in the ass.

I do appreciate the replies thanks everyone.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Glad you found it man, also laptopvideo2go.com has a ton of old drivers (not just for laptops). You dont even need to use their search if you know the version number you are looking for.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  15. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080

16. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
  17. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M

Like youre attitude! ;):cheers::mhp::kiss:

Thanks SaiBork, youre attitude is what many of us "online" have lost, or are loosing/forgetting more and more, because "we" forget(or stop to care) that its real people with real feelings we (im not one of gods best children either), so no judging, just saying we all should be nicer to all, specially, or atleast on these xmas days. Also remember, we all where "noobs/newbies" in the beginning....:p

To bryan: But I agree with most of the haters, that drivers are not hard to find, i mean google is great, but youre mind, if you use it right, will find even more things/information than google ever can. There are ways to learn tricks to get better at finding stuff online, even without google. But i can even agree on that Nvidia´s homepage isnt the easiest or best designed webbpage in the world, specially if you arent that tech savvy or the experiance when its new HW to you.. (in general, i dont know you) But for next time, now you know how to find nvidia drivers, but also a general rule for finding drivers is (for me):

1:Start youre search first on the hardware´s brands (3rd party)webpage (Asus, MSI, XFX, CM, Corsair and so on...), there it most likely will, or should be drivers.

2: Go to the company that made the components to the device(s), on their page, "most of the time" there should be drivers for it/them.

3: Third and last, in hindsight, it should be number on this list, is these fan based sites like this one or other great ones are laptopvideo2go, TPU (techpowerup), Station-Drivers, Computerbase.de, all have most new drivers(+more, so smart thing is to bookmark all these great pages) for most things and a list of older drivers most of the time. Station-drivers update everyday with the latest drivers for everything they can find. So most drivers can be found there. So drivers shouldnt be hard to find from now on? ;)

Ps. Why disabling Vsync helped, is either because youre graphics settings are too high so that youre 670 cant keep it steady at 60fps, or that youre vram (what is it 1-2-4gb version, i forget if there is a 1gb version?) isnt enough to have tripple buffering enabled/working correctly? But glad you found youre solution. Thats the main thing, but next time, use google (not bink, yahoo or ask) and write what you think others in youre situation might have written when they searched for same/similar things you need help for. Most of the time, you will find someone with answers.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013