I love my Fractal R6 but....

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Danny_G13, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    So, as good as this case is, and it's the best I've ever used, I still want the best of both worlds, which is:

I want to expel warm air out the roof, but I want silence and sound proofing as well.

Is there such a thing as a case which has a 'reservoir', a space at the top for warm air to escape to but without the ceiling being actually open?

Am I asking too much?

Right now I have to close the lid for silence, and open it when I'm gaming for exhaust.

Which is ok, but I want perfection if I can get it...

2. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    noise does not care much about the characteristics of the opening it goes out of, you still will hear quite an amount of it, i think at least, but maybe you will like more the frequency range of the noise

i have the r6 too, when i open the top its actually about the same noise level, but i have only or "only" two 140mm intake in the front and one outtake in the back 140mm (all ~500 RPM), the cpu fan is around the same, so it may vary for you

the noise level and characteristics also change a lot when my head is under the table or above, or for example when the pc is running and one comes in into the room

for me, i like to have the choice, to open the front door or top, for example hot summer day for gaming
    i think i saw be quiet cases have something similar to what you want and i did not like it and decided to go for the r6

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    screw that im not opening top of my R5 for my measly sub-200W heat generation.
    1st dust. distant 2nd noise. distant not because I dont care about noise, but because with everything tuned for silence I don't think it would matter much, although that would change for worse with 2 top fans

I would probably look into it if I had RTX 3090

it wont matter if you're low noise to begin with. otherwise it most certainly will matter. R5/6 seals the noise nicely.

4. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    Can you link me the BeQuiet?

And yes, the noise level is minute because my components are basically silent too, but I strive for perfection so if I can have the best of both I'll go for it.

My setup incidetnally is 2x140 intake at the front, 1x120 exhaust and 3x120 on the roof as part of X72 Kraken.

5. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    [​IMG]

this is what i meant, i highlighted in green three areas where the air outtake is, one from the upper back und two on top, it has sound insulation material on top i checked that, this is the Silent Base 601, there is also the 801, but their line-up is all very similar i would check on their site the differences

Attached Files:

• 00.jpg
      00.jpg
      File size:
      225.4 KB
      Views:
    Danny_G13 likes this.
  6. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    Thanks, it's maybe not the biggest roof reservoir I was hoping for but it might be the only one that comes close. Appreciate that reply.