I literally feel like putting my fist through both of my 2900xts then puke on them

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by masterchiefx2, Jan 31, 2008.

1. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Im sick of these cards they have to be the worst graphics cards i ever had in my life, ive swapped the card around tens of times trying to get stable crossfire OC when i try so hard all i get is my ****ty pc laughing at me giving me grey screen with artifacts and if i do get what i think is a stable OC my pc will freeze just to piss me off. I swear my pc is possessed or something i was taking crysis out the drive today and the drive closes halfway when i was taking the disc out putting a big ass scratch on it.
    i tried other catalyst etc. ive tried every config you can think of and all OC programs ive had these cards for less than 3 months and they already feel so old and well s*** FPS in games is awful, the amount of money i put in this pc is really getting me down and now the 3870x2 come out i literally just feel like getting a hammer a smashing my retarded pc up. and puking on the 2900xt's

:puke2:

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    come on dude you're just having a bad day.......you posted many times and very pissed about your cards...it's a simple solution....sell them and get whatever makes you happy...

PS: you did something to them when you tried your flashing technique...i told you in another post...try to OC'em step by step...but hey..if a had one more card and a mobo i would be happy to have 2 2900XT

3. Tenma

Tenma Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SC @ 680/1700/2020
    Pics when you do it :D

4. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    thing is im trying to prove that the XT can be good for games but iy just pisses me off when i spend so much and they work like crap =/

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^ prove to whom? my xt works like a charm.... i love my card:)...be happy with what you got...i would love to have your rig....

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i guess i should be content with what ive got

7. Somn Bizar

Somn Bizar Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti
    Dude if you don't like your rig just sell your cards and buy one monster card that will make you happy,like a GTX or GTS(G92 512Mb).The HD 3870 x2 looks good(even more so with water cooling) but it seems your not gonna buy another ATI card after your bad experience.Peace :) !

8. sjmarcy

sjmarcy New Member

This belong to you? Or are you that German kid? Just kidding, I know this stuff can be SO frustrating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    3*HD5850 Tri-CFX 850/1150
    I have 2 x 2900XT in CF and they both run fine oc'd to 848 on the core and default memory clocks, with stock cooling.

I use Quantum Force 2900 oc tool, but if you only have 1 monitor you have to swap screens to overclock the second card then swap it back to the first card once ur finished...its easier if you have 2 screens though, just plug one into each card ;) and then i use rivatuner to set the fan speeds to around 50%...max temps at around 75-80c

scores around 20k on 3dmark 06 with q6600 oc'd.Iv had 1 or 2 games not scale too well, but 99% of the games i play run great, most times almost double the frame rate of a single card...CoD4, Oblivion, all the U3 engine games etc all run brilliant @ 1680x1050.

8xaa hurts performance though, but 4xaa barely makes a dent in the frame rate..plus AAA in all games. I use a 20" 1680x1050 screen because the pixels are smaller than a 22" 1680x1050 screen, so 4xaa on my 20" looks better than 8xaa on my 22"! so yeh Im happy to just use 4xaa..

and then there's drivers...every driver i'v used before 7.10 was pathetic..and now with 8.1 i get screen corruption, so i just use 7.12.

I'm pretty happy with them, they cost me less than an ultra and I'd say i get better performance in most of the games i play :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  10. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i used quantum force OCing one card was easy i could probably get 900 core but trying to get two cards stable at even 820mhz core is a nightmare.

How do you flash your cards without swapping them around i would like to know as my cards are watercooled so once flashed its very hard to try different bios mods due to having to disassemble wtrcoolin.

Also what voltage did you use on your gpu core to get 848?

11. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
    ROFL. Sorry for OT, but ROFL :funny:

12. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Just get 1 of them to be stable and sell the other.

13. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    3*HD5850 Tri-CFX 850/1150

Im using stock voltage, and Im not too sure about flashing the cards...there are a couple different Quantum tools, one is a bios editer which i think you are referring to?? and the other is an overclocking tool made just for crossfire, it works in conjunction with AMD GPU clock tool.

you use AMD GPU clock tool to overclock but the Quantum tool allows you to swap between both cards and keep the clocks saved, then just use rivatuner to set the fan speeds.

AMD GPU tool is provided with the Quantum tool and it comes with a 'hacked' toolLib.dll. Im unsure if a 'regular' version of AMD GPU tool without the provided toolLib.dll would work..

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    maybe you need better airflow within your case, or maybe your cards are of the small batch that wont overclock (if they have been factory overclocked then this could be the case). Try the modded Omega drivers they seem to be better and more stable, also try turning the fans on the cards up. Im not trying to be patranising (sp?) you just may have over looked a simple solution which is easily done when your angry. I some times feel the same about my PC I mean I spent £400 on an 8800GTX and the card cripples in Crysis and almost all DX10 games which is why I brought the card which was to play DX10 games at good resolutions at decent framerates.

All in all you need to take those cards sell them on ebay, and pocket the cash for a 3870X2 which you seem to like the look of :)

15. Warren21

Warren21 New Member

GPU:
    2 x ATI HD2900XT 512's in CF
    I have two 2900 Pro (512-bit's) flashed to XT's. They work fine at 850/900, and I used the QuantumForce2900BiosEditor (yes, all one word lol) to do it... also bumped up 3D vGPU to 1.25V.

I cool them both with RivaTuner and modded auto fanspeed profiles (it is the only way to control both fans at once). If you leave the fans at stock speeds, they will overheat even at stock clocks sometimes (the ramp-up is too damn slow). I love my CF rig.. System gets 65 FPS in the Crysis Bench tool @ 1920 x 1200 all medium, 33 or so all high (too close to the 30 FPS threshold for me though, remember these are average).