1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I heed some help please?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by topcat77, Mar 23, 2018.

1. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gforce gtx 970
    I have not had this msi rx570 8gb gpu very long, in fact not own a amd one in some years. So I don't think I have the driver setup correctly. I have the 18.3.3 driver right now. Is there a simple tutorial how to use/setup these drivers? Thanks.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Why do you not think the driver is setup correctly

3. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gforce gtx 970
    I have a game only one and newest game that has a strange screen mode. The game is prepar3d. I have asked about the game setup from many who confirm I have the settings (graphics) in game set correctly. So I'm looking at the graphics driver to see if maybe something isn't set properly.

The issue is that when I'm in the game menu I'm fine. When I go to launch the game the screen is no longer the full screen but a small 1/3 size of the screen.

Since I have no ideal what some of these driver settings do like HDMI scaling and virtual resolution to name a couple.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 AC 1150/1500
    Sometimes a game can start in a wrong display mode (windowed for example). Go to game settings, chose Full Screen, and Apply.
    Or if the game is low budget or indie, sometimes there are no Display Settings at all. In that case try simultaneously hitting "ALT" and "Enter" keys. This should make the game toggle between Full Screen/Windowed

Virtual resolution can be used to render at higher resolution than your monitor is capable of.
    Don't fiddle with driver settings unless necessary, or unless you like to tinker.