I have no real question. I'll just post a bland hate post about drivers!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by usuk, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    why should't I switch to Nvidia? All I have is having trouble with AMD drivers. Im on a clean install of win7 with the latest WHQL and nothing but problems. Every driver sucks. Where as I see Nvidia is more stable. I know AMD has better AA and color quality but has driver issues. I just want to game without driver issues. Some advice is thanked. Bty I do a clean install for each driver and they suck.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Without you telling us your so many problems, there is nothing we can do to help.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Yay another one of these threads. Your in blind denial if you think it will be greener on the other side. I have had more trouble with nvidia drivers lately then AMD drivers. And I was running HD 5770 xfire till 2 months ago.

Try the betas. WQHL are just certified drivers and always older then betas anyways. My buddy is on my old 5770 with no issues and has been for months. Luck and the user has alot to do with the experience.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I Guess you have a lot of memory (4GB). Then huge swap to compensate, or just system default which would in your case be 4GB?

This would choke my system too due to fact that I have always over 100tabs in FireFox which itself goes between 500-1500MB allocation. I guess someone with 4GB ram would not use FF and game at same time, but still part of memory is used as system cache.
    Some time ago I limited my memory available for system to 4GB for test. Definitely not pleasant experience and had nothing to do with brand of graphics card.

Btw I am not doing clean install of OS and I am using basically every beta without uninstalling previous. Just select install, advanced, and next.
    AMD have very good update mechanism.

5. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan X
    what driver issue? actually my system is very stable with those 13.x driver.

6. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    Using radeon for almost 6 years and I have never faced any major or minor driver issue.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

1. What issues?

Also, if you're experience so many problems, I'm more likely to bet it's your own system configuration. Also willing to bet that the problems aren't even due to the drivers. AMD is not responsible for whatever haphazard configuration you've got going on your own computer.

But as others have mentioned, we need to know the problems...

2. You want to game without driver issues? Then a console is what you want.

There is no "perfect" driver. If you think NVIDIA is free of driver issues, you'll be in for quite a surprise. Go lookup "NVIDIA 320.18" for example.

3. As for why you shouldn't switch to NVIDIA? I don't care. If anything, I want you go to NVIDIA just so you can experience issues there and realize what I've said above the hard way :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Advice:
    1) Think before blaming.
    2) Provide specific information.
    3) Read manuals.

It's not "red" or "green" to blame. 95% of the times it is users who doesn't understand how to properly install drivers and how to avoid drivers conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.