I have been vaccinated!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Feb 13, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah dont even get me start on Nations debt or global debt.. I am sure it will come out taxes in in some way

2. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Do you speak Russian now? Jk,jk♥

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    This is where i am, i'm all for vaccines but not something developed so soon and with no info on long term effects not to mention the potential for need for a vaccine every 6-12 months.

Extraordinary likes this.
  4. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    my thoughts exactly...not to mention the fact that I can't even get it "the shot" at my age here in South Carolina...no shots available for people my age. am I now allowed in the lucky few crowd?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Extraordinary likes this.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    dude, you know you're on 'the list' :)

6. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    that's the scary part :)

looks like April 12th

lmimmfn likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I not even paying attention to list here in NC, my mom is and dad is all, you need to look in to get the shot, not sure I want it either

8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    To shake a bit this thread :)

Still not decided what should I do, to take a vaccine (I think 4 different vaccines are available here in Serbia) or to do a Covid 19 antigen test. My wife and me we are planing holiday with our kids on Greece/Tassos this summer but to enter Greece sure we're gonna need either vaccine certificate or negative virus test not older than 72 hours I guess. Wife got her "dose of virus hell" back in November 2020, she's perfectly fine now, atm I'm trying to convince her she has Covid 19 antibodies to protect her against possible future infection, at least I think so, I'm not a medic, but she's almost determined to take chinese vaccine in next few weeks, she: "...I don't want to take a risk and make a return to home on Greek border if they refuse to let me go through without vaccine certificate or negative covid test...". Still trying to convince her to do a FDA Covid 19 antigen test few days before thrip to Greece, there is no need to throw in God knows what into her body if she already have virus antibodies since November 2020... but think I'm fighting a battle I can't win. She's leaning towards Chineese vaccine as the the least agressive one.

When it comes to me I'm almost 100% possitive I had Covid 19 same time as my wife back in November 2020, but didn't had any issues because of my immune system, guess somehow my body managed to fight against a virus and developed virus antibodies to protect me, afterall I've been with her first 4 days after first symptoms she had, we were sleeping in the same bed, but late 4th day when she was obviously sick we decided to take her to doctor and next two weeks she spent in house quarantine completely insulated. Mind you I've never had any of those usual childhood illnesses, nothing, talked with few medical workers in our family who knows me for all my life and almost all of them agree that I should do a test for presence of virus antibodies first before making a decision to take or not any of 4 atm available vaccines.

My childhood friend across the street was virus possitive some month and a half ago. His health past 5 years is not so great but he had no issues in house quarantine like my wife had, not a single one except few minor headaches. His wife is a doctor, immediately after my pal got possitive virus results she got herself tested, first test: negative, week later: positive, one more week later: negative again... wtf!? Same as my friend, her husband, she had no symptoms, not even a headache.

Not sure about the kids. Twins are almost 14 y.o., older son almost 20, knock on wood they are healty ... Both mine and my wifes parents got vaccines and revaccine in past few months, guess they're safe for now but with possible future virus mutations God knows what's gonna happen next.

Banging my head against the wall what to do about kids and me, wife for sure decided to take vaccine before vacation in Greece, IF we finally take a trip there, guess (hope) in June or July.

Cmon dude, you call me out and then didn't managed to find few minutes to step into the ring and read that wall of text, this is insulting, I've almost drop dead typing :)

"Crazy Milojko" synonym in my country has another "diagnose", it's the nick my best man gave me backthen when we were still... cough.. cough... free to choose i.e. without wifes :D
    https://vukajlija.com/ludi-milojko

Oh you... you pervert, discusting! :p
    ;)

OCD buddy, OCD... :rolleyes:

lol... My dad makes a perfect Rakija, at least others around me tasting it are telling me so, but... But I'm not that type of guy who likes to drink any alcohol based drinks without a REALLY good reason (marriage anniversaries, weddings, child birth, child baptism...). Had my share of alcohol in my young days, lots of it, I'm Ukrainian nationality and we can drink A LOT, but after I've got "ringed" decided to tgo different route, my gastric problems years ago make me stay away of alcohol whenever I can. Few beers here and there ALWAYS followed by a lots of grilled meat and grilled bacon with friends and family and that's alcohol all I'm willing to take without any special reason. But when those "special reasons" listed above came along my buddies and me we we kill ourselves from alcohol completely :D Lucky me (and my gastric) it oly happens once or twice a year.

Still my dad is somewhat insulted that I don't like to drink his own home made Rakija, but he has enough of his Rakija buddies (both men and ladies, yes ladies!) in neighbourhood to share his "moonshine" with. Mom doesn't like that habit my dad has, but I'm sure that one or two shots per day of perfectly made Rakija he made on his own are keeping him healty and vital, no doubt about that. He won't sell it for any amount of money, one can get a bottle of Rakija from him only as a present and he's willing to get those "presents" to anyone interested. Basement of his house is full of Rakija dating almost 20 years ago till this day, he has few sealed liters of all kinds of his own made Rakija for every year since my first son was born almost 20 years ago. Hope basement doesn't catch a fire or house is going to became a first Serbian rocket launched towards the moon :D

You don't have a "pleasure" to see my reports I'm writing every few days at work. I don't need to do that, but somehow can't resist, 10-15 pages every few days just to satisfy my writing OCD :D Friends told me long time ago: "...damn dude, write a book, few of them, you'll make a fortune on books with all kinds of weird situations you got yourself into every few days in your company, you're a weirdo and that weird sense of humor people are going to like.." ...but dunno, feel like I'm going to lost part of my soul/life if I do that. For now it's on hold, we'll se what's gonna happen 5 or 10 years from now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Fox2232 and Airbud like this.
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Got that rna vaccine from Pfizer not long back. Zero side effects. My parents got AZ.

Having asthma was the reason for getting it so early. Tho I've never had influenza or any serious disease anyway. Or if I have had it's been the lamest form.

10. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Our country has fked up vaccinations (as pretty much every covid-related thing), only 65+ can be vaccinated here still. Anyway, I drove my old parents to vaccination yesterday and all seems fine so far. Their health is not particularly perfect and I was kinda afraid what it might do to them... so, fingers crossed :) They got the Comirnaty vaccine (Pfizer/Biontech).

11. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Pulse
    Same here in Germany :/

And i think your parents will be fine, my grandma has got the Biontech about one month ago too (first shot), and she's fine

haste likes this.
  12. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    [​IMG]

:D
    sry,just had to.

Loobyluggs and CrazY_Milojko like this.