I have been vaccinated!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    So, I got the call from the local medical board to pay me a home visit and get vaccinated.

Two district nurses paid me a visit, gave me the injection and that's it for another 12 weeks until my next one.

Two things of note they remarked on; firstly that I would get a headache and secondly, it will bruise up a lot and be painful in the arm. They were right on both counts, as my headache is colossal (now dissipating thanks to paracetamol) and my arm feels like it has been boxed.

Other than that, I feel fine/no different and it was all over before I knew it - and the two nurses commented on my artwork (see my avatar).

Feeling slightly more positive, and am looking forward to late spring.

That was it. A positive thread in dark times.

<3 and hugs to all

:)

23-04-21 UPDATE:

2nd jab! No headaches this time, and no pain in the arm.

Now, I can walk the earth a free man!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Please let us know if there are any side effects! eg. grow an extra arm or hair grows 10x as fast. J/K.

Nice to see you got yours, I probably get mine in may.

XenthorX and Loobyluggs like this.
  3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Stay safe loobyluggs... No way I would take ANY of those mRNA vaccines... already outdated.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    As an Oxonian, I am glad I got the Oxford vaccine. My batch # was AB008.

The way I see it. Professor Sarah Gilbert saved the entire planet - and will no doubt gain a damehood for her work, and, there is talk of her being on the back of new twenty pound note, because y'know 2020, 20 pound note, limited run of print.

Of course, her team will get the noble prize, but that is par for course when you save the planet.

Brilliance should always be acknowledged...

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Let us know how you feel in a few days mate :)

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Grats on the jab, had mine 3 weeks ago as I work for the NHS and the trust is aiming to have all staff vaccinated asap. Also an "oxonian" but I got the pfizer one, not that I'm complaining. Arm was sore for 3 days afterwards and the headaches for the first 2 days were very real. On my 3rd day I got hit with fever and was bed ridden for a day, then fine the next, similar thing happened to a colleague.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  7. tfam26

tfam26 Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 30 series
    Don't forget to try blood-letting while you're at it OP. :)

All joking aside, I won't go into my professional background but I'll state that you should be extremely healthy before that second shot, its "the one that counts".

Oh, and take an iodine supplement.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, all I know that you are not susceptible to infection. That's good.
    I miss pre-Covid life, as it were.
    Let's get back to normality, as soon as possible.
    Cheers!

386SX likes this.
  9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Congrats! Now lets hope it works on the estimated 4000 other strains of the virus that may be out there. :D

ZXRaziel likes this.
  10. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Has the chip started taking over?

CrazY_Milojko and Repo Man like this.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Happy for you. You must be over 60 years old, surely?

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Covid? Been there done that. Let's get back to normal.

Hypernaut likes this.
  13. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    OP, good for you, one less thing to worry about. For everyone with some health issues or not so good immune system guess it's better to take vaccine and not to gamble with the risk.

Still haven't decided what should I do about vaccination. My wife had a virus in November 2020, 2 weeks at home in strict home quarantine on the upper floor of our house, me and my kids were floor below her, supplying her with food, medications, fruits, vitamins... She was quite bad for around 12 days, cound't do enythin but to wait and pray, never saw her that sick in my life and we're together for 27 years (almost 21 years married), but thank God after 2 weeks and so she fully recovered. Like we always did we slept together (just can't sleep alone in a bed) for probably next 4 days after first simptoms she had, but 5th day, it was monday, she was so sick she couldn't stand on her feets so we decided to go to the hospital and do some tests. Her lungs were at a horribe state, she's doesn't smoke, at hospital at that time they didn't had any Covid-19 test so their recommendations to her was to take medications they've prescribed and complete insulation for her utill she fully recovers. Lated she had all simptoms of Covid-19, every singe one. Our kids and myself we were spared by the virus this time, or maybe we weren't...

As far as I remember my immune system was always out of this world. Never ever had any of those childhood illness other 99.9% population had in their youth. My brother had it all, every single one you could imagine, our mutual friend too, my wife, our kids also, our parents... me: nada. What's wrong with me... I have no clue. The only health issues I had in my life were some gastric problems some 5, 6 years ago but that was my fault, way too much carbonated drinks at work + stress at work and gastric was the weakest part of my body. Almost fully recovered from this, ditched every carbonated drink since then (OK, not all, love to drink few beers here and there with family and friends in front of the barbecue) and that's it, the rest of me is in perfect condition for someone my age... maaaaaybe brain has it's own issues, but hey, nobody is perfect, limitations of 64KB non-expandable RAM :D

Guess, at leas hope so, my body somehow developed Covid-19 virus antibodies in first days my lady was sick and I was still close to her in those days. Probably gonna do some antibody tests for Covid-19 soon, if the result shows no antibodies then I have no choice but do take vaccine if I want to see Greece sea this year with my family, at least we hope until summer everything about this virus is gonna settle down.

P.S.
    One more funny fact: every 5 to 10 years I go to the local hospital to do some "maintenance tests", you know: blood, to urinate in those plastic bottles, lungs and hearth checks, ultrasound of my belly... And always, I mean always, when they try to take some blood out of my my body my veins simply dissapear, nowhere to be found, one time they stabed me with needles for almost 30 times in both hands just to take 10ml of my blood, it was hilarious (at least for me, but not for all those nurses aroud lol, guess some of them were looking at me thinking: "..no veins, this dude it long time junkie..."), it's like my body refuses to give blood easily, hard to explain, next time I'll take a video od those "blood sucking attempts" just for fun :D ... wtf is wrong with me!?

Airbud and Loobyluggs like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yes this is real.

tfam26 likes this.
  15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Just a friendly reminder.
    Please, for the whatever you hold dear, don't post anything slightly related to conspiracy or politics.
    Thanks!

jbscotchman, The1, AsiJu and 3 others like this.

16. tfam26

tfam26 Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 30 series
    Completely condescending.

Lack of D3/D3 sulfate (the former is a water soluble form of D3 you can only get from sunlight) is the major reason why our brothers and sisters of African descent living in cloudy/cold cities are more susceptible to Covid19.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    People in general living a "modern"lifestyle are vitamin D3 deficient.
    Since the pandemic started I searched everything related to what works, what doesn't and the progress made in making a vaccine.
    I have family members working the wards and they also were interested in the same thing.

So, we found out that vitamin D3 ( calciferol) plays a role in profilaxy and body's response (cykotine storm). How important is that role, it's ongoing trials and studies, but it's pretty big role.
    In layman's terms, being deficient in vitamin D3 makes one prone to catch the disease and experience a nasty form of it.

My aunt (nurse in Covid unit)experienced a severe form, she doesn't remember when she was outdoors or in the sun, doing sports. She is severely deficient in vitamin D3. On the other hand, my uncle, going at work on bycicle, spends every second he can squeeze outdoors made a asymptomatic form of the disease.

So, up your vitamin D3 intake until you get the jab. Stay safe and let's get back to the times when clubs, gyms, restaurants were open in the real sense.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yep, she had pneumonia, but this time it was caused by the Covid virus. Horrible spots on her lungs everywhere were clearly visible, doctors said if we were day or two late without propper medical therapy her lung probably would never be the same again. Tbh I was scared for her like never before in my life, watching her at home in bed suffering for days and I could't do a thing to ease her pain other than get her all the medications doctors have prescribed, food, fruits, vitamins... At our family we have more than few doctors and nurses, after I've expained all of the symptoms (complete loss of smell and taste, horrible pain in her chests, headaches, muscle pains everywhere... etc + from the strong medications she had gastric problems, diarrhea... she was literally falling apart) she had to almost all of them, all of them answered the same: "...it's the Covid-19 virus, no doubt, don't take a gamble, insulate her as much as you can, take care of you and the children, supply her with everything needed, sit down and wait, she's still young and healthy, she'll recover...". Thank God eventually she did. I was joking with her my way just to make her smile a bit, one day returning home after the work in local shop I was passing by I've spoted fantastic black combo containing long elegant coat + pants + shirt, couldn't resist, it was not cheap but it fitted my perfectly, came home, put all that on me and went upstairs to see her from the distance, she woke up and looked my way, me all dressed in dark like a ninja: "...honey bunny, if you don't make it... well I'm ready!:D ..." ...she smiled from the bed: "...oh you jackass, I won't gave you that pleasure, you won't get rid of me that easily, stop dreaming...". Couldn't resist, after all these years togehter she's used to my weird jokes sometimes :D

It's nice to see I'm not the only one with "blood-sucking problems" :D More than few times I had these trainees situations, most of those trainnes were frikin hot so couldn't say no to them, but it was hillarious to see them sweating trying to find a vein few times first on my left arm, then on the right... and their supervisor doctor standing above their head. Years later in the same hospital, maybe 15 years later, one of those backthen trainees recognized me, but this time she was a real doctor: "...I remember you, you were that alien with no veins giving me a hard time when I was on practice?..." Me: "...lady, I don't know what you're taliking about, I'm just passing by..." Her: "...yeah, yeah, it was you... you cant fool me.." :D That day she took me as "patient" and she was my doctor backthen for about a decade untill she left with her husband to live in Germany.

Airbud likes this.
  19. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I believe in facts based evidence and science , that is why I will not comment much as my views don’t match the popular believe right now
    Btw the virus is 100% real and vitamins D and C will make big difference .

20. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Good to hear that you are ok
    Btw is there a thread where I can see your art ? If not could you start one and show some of your paintings , I was always wondering where did you get your avatar from never realising that you made it .
    You could put some watermark on them to protect them .