I have a strange issue with Vsync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by YetYhunter, Jan 19, 2015.

1. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    While playing Fifa 15 with adaptive vsync on it works great until at some random point when it simply turns of because I suddenly get jaggies everywhere and stuttering.
    Why does it work at first then without doing nothing just stops working.
    I did reinstall drivers using clean installation and using driver cleaner utility,drivers 344.75 and 347.09.

2. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Unlock FPS in game
    do not use adaptative vsync
    enable vsync
    probably is screen tearing what you are getting, not stuttering

3. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    try to use radeon pro for triple buffering mate, it happens to me as soon as there is a replay or sometimes goal kick it goes down to 30fps and seems to bounce between 30 and 60 although the stutters are only noticeable on replays

the jaggies aren't so noticeable for me as i use dsr @ 1920x1200 and 2xAA seems to be ok and with the slight added blur from dsr that helps too

i also tried setting no cap on fps in game launcher then setting a cap of 60fps using riva tuner stats server and vsync forced in nvidia control panel, didnt drop to 30 it dropped to around ~44fps instead but felt worse than before

4. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Yes but until yesterday it worked perfectly constant 60 FPS during cut scenes too.
    Sorry I meant tearing not jaggies like whem vsync is off.
    In settings it's set to no limit FPS