i have a sound problem using hdmi

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ramthegamer, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    it's been two days everytime i turn on my computer i get no sound from pc, but tv sound is working, tv is hooked through hdmi to pc, i have aswell a wireless microphone and headphone setup which is hooked from behind by the on board sound card, play back devices is showing
    [​IMG]
    any fix for this as i dont want to do a format, it's clearly a sound conflict issue i already reinstalled sound driver realtek, and display driver nvidia, problem persists.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    PCs dont make sound.
    To be clear, where are you expecting sound to come from?

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    OP, what happens if you set (on that pic you've posted) first visible audio device as default playback audio device (instead of current Realtek Digital Output)? Any sound on speakers/headphones then?

right mouse button click on:
    Speakers
    2- Realtek High Definition Audio
    Ready

...and choose: Set as default

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Wouldn't you do this same process with the device called "SAMSUNG" if you wanted your TV speakers to play sound from HDMI? I have my TV hooked up to my computer using HDMI and I use the sound device called "LG" when I want TV sound.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Ouch, I've misunderstood OP, so he's having sound on wireless headphones through internal Realtek HD audio but no sound on TV via GPU's HDMI audio?

OP, as BuildeR2 just said what happens when you set Samsung as default playback device, any sound on TV? Did you checked TV sound setup?

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    CrazY_Milojko - You are fine. I'm not sure of the exact issue the OP is having, but it sounds like they want sounds coming through the HDMI cable. It's almost like we are trying to figure out a vague problem with 3 different people from Dubai, Serbia and Texas! Ah, the wonderful worldwide appeal of PC's and Guru3D. :)

I am curious to hear back from OP to see if our suggestions help or not.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    sometimes sounds comes by itself when i swtich to samsung high definition audio device, but then if i shutdown the pc and next day i turn it back on, there is no sound, sound is working through the wireless headphone yes when i hook it from behind, but not working when i switch back to samsung hd audio device.
    and when i turn volume up and down from tv remote, there is sound from the tv, so there is definitely sound problem from the pc hdmi to tv,thing is:
    1- when i play cs go i hook the wireless headphone mic tower to the back of the pc, but when i finish and need to use tv sound i remove the jacks from behind, now the sound isnt working when i want audio through hdmi only.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sounds like your PC-TV is losing it's sync when the system shuts off.
    HDMI, is not like a regular analog cable that will work just because it is plugged in...there is communication of the two devices handshake, security..etc. My guess is, your TV is losing info when the system shuts off, it no longer see the input so it resets it.
    Can I ask, why don't you just leave the PC on?

Next time it happens, you can probably get it to reset by unplugging that cable and plugging it back in.