I have A Core 2 Quad Q9650 Wandering If i Should Get A Core i5 Or i7 Ivy Bridge Quad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SOLLERHOLLER, Feb 15, 2013.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Show a screenshot of settings used for Crysis 3 and multiple in-game screenshot of you getting 33FPS-40FPS. If you manage to do so, then you've just got a buyer for that golden HD7790 and Core 2 Quad combo.

2. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    only problem is how to get screenshots to work on here? any clues i tried before could not get it to work?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Your pc isn't playing any of those games maxed out, not even close.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Upload the images to an image hosting service such as imgur and use img tags here. (Bracket) IMG (bracket) URL (bracket) (forward slash) IMG (bracket).

Make sure the image file extensions are included at the end of the URL.

5. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    I was wrong but i was close to 33 it is 27 here is screenshot what i am saying is it is very smooth still plays nice thats better then the i7 he used LOL!!! haha!!! okay must i upload image somewhere to get url

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, I used to run a core 2 quad so you don't have to tell me how it performs. I still remember the shock I got when I upgraded to SB.

7. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    bloody hell fraps not working says when i did it 27 now as i take screenshot 4 WTF!!! is there a alternative i can use?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    use MSI Afterburner. but either way, Crysis 3 runs like crap on your rig maxed out, you will not convince anyone else otherwise so there's no point in trying :)

9. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    but it is smooth there is no lag so how can it be crap? also does msi afterburner work on asus motherboard? the person moves normally everything else around him walks normally so it is not slow and there is no lag HAHA!!! crap is when it is lagging consistently thats crap!!! but i am not having that problem... LOL!!! still a new card so maybe better drivers coming out!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You must be half blind to think that it's running smooth on your system with under 30 fps. I'd say that you're just conditioned to low frame rates more than anything. I can gaurantee that a number of people posting here would immediately see the problem with your setup and find it unplayable. You're really not going to understand without upgrading yourself and pulling consistantly higher frames.

11. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    dude i am not going answer that!!! cause that does make sense if everything is normal!!! thats what i am saying it is not unplayable it plays fine i finished the game already 4 times in 3 hours each time so i know my pc LOL!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It does make sense, your perception of the game is that it is smooth. You are conditioned to low frame rates. If you put your system even with 30 fps next to a system with 60 fps you would understand.

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Read the above link and watch the images to get an idea of what I'm talking about. You find things to be smooth at low frames because you're used to them. I'm used to considerably higher, and as such if I went to play a game at the frames you're experiencing I'd find it utterly unplayable. In fact, I'd end up with a headache.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I can assure you 27FPS is not smooth. But what else should we expect when you claim 120FPS on modern gams with maxed settings on your rig.

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Ergh. That's jerky as hell, I'd get a migraine trying to play like that.

16. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    that was a while ago but newer have come out since then and are using more modern settings plus i am actually will record a clip for youtube :)

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    OP, I recommend you lower settings to medium or so and see how much smoother it would become.

18. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    i will put on youtube :) u can look at it cause this getting no where...

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm eagerly awaiting your video.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    24fps is the speed they use for cinema and that is stutters as hell in gas paced scenes considering a video game is a constant fast paced scene 30fps minimum would still look very choppy this is why I strive to maintain a 60fps minimum even if that men's lowering settings.