I got the 6800GT PCIe today!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Tripp17, Nov 10, 2004.

1. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    If you haven't purchased yet go with the OCZ powerstream 520. A great PSU for the money. Look at most of the top overclockers and you'll see they either use this or the PC Power. It has the adjutable pots and the output in amps is very nice for it's size. Far and away better then anything else in it's price range.

2. Tripp17

Tripp17 Guest

Thanks alot JeffP, i may just go down this path, i saw it for 119.00 and at new egg, they want 159.00. Its unusual to see newegg get beat, and beat bad but never the less, i thank you, i am considering getting it. Its ether the x-connect or the ocz pwer stream.....i wish they both came in 600watt flavors though!

3. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    They do according to their webpage. OCZ600ADJ. Here's a list from OCZ's site.
    Part Numbers
    OCZ420ADJ - 420W
    OCZ420ADJ EU - 420W
    OCZ470ADJ - 470W (this part is no longer made by OCZ)
    OCZ520ADJ - 520W
    OCZ520ADU EU - 520W
    OCZ600ADJ - 600W
    OCZ600ADJ EU - 600W

Didn't think it was released yet but I guess so.

When looking at PSU's you also have to look at what temp they were tested at. Most give some rediculously cool enviroment to test the PSU which isn't realistic in 99.9% of homes. PC Power and OCZ were both on the level with testing paremeters.

4. SynicalCop

SynicalCop Member

GPU:
    Evga 2 x 7900GTX SLI
    I highly recommend this power supply Aerocool 550w
    NewEgg

I own this power supply and it simply blows all the competition away in cost, performance and style. Here in canada i paid 100$ for it about 3 months ago, So it should be on newegg for really cheap in US$. Ive owned an ANtec 480w trublue, antec 550w tru control , and this power supply just kills the rails of both under load . Looks awesome, its sleaved with uv mesh and has 2 blue lead fans(ultra quiet) and it has a mirror titanium finish. At first i was hesitant to buy it cause of thefeatures and the cost , but hell finally a company that actually delivers what they promise :D

I give this a 10/10 , take the extra cash and buy another toy to play with ;)

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I will still recommend the X-connect. Best thing I've used yet. I have so much stuff pluged in to it it isn't funny.... Three 80mm fans, 3 120mm fans(two are rated at 135 cfm), 1 swiftech 12v pump ***650, 1 uv light, 2 fan controlers both with 4 fan ports, 1 BFG 6800U OC'd to 455/1250 24/7, 2 HDs, 2 opt drives, 1 active ram cooler fan, and 1 cold cathode 30in light string. All this and the rails are never below 12.2v, even under load. Plus the cords are super UV reactive. Trust me it's a sweet PS.

6. Tripp17

Tripp17 Guest

Well, i wanna thank everyone for helping me. After i looked at everyone, and did alot of "homework", i decided what PSU im gonna buy. I bought it about an hour ago. And the winner is............(drum roll please)..........the Ultra X-connect 500 PSU. Its looks were great, but when i decided to buy it, all the reviewers sayed it was the best PSU they have ever tested. They were all good, about equal in performance according to about 6 different websites. So with that in mind, the looks brought home the bacon. But, by no means is that the sole reason i bought it, just iceing on the cake.

7. Roliath

Roliath Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 6970 crossfire
    man that's a killer system your building...
    congrats...
    post some pics when you get it all together, and get some good wire management going...

8. Tripp17

Tripp17 Guest

Id love to.........