I give up

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by GSB, Dec 25, 2005.

1. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    on trying to make a DVD.

:bang:

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    videohelp.com has alll your needs.

3. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    would you like some help?
    tell us what you are trying to do. are you trying to author a dvd from your personal video files? or are you trying to back up (copy) a dvd? if you are trying to copy one, are you trying to copy 1:1 or remove features, like extra audio files, etc.
    i have experience doing both. i also have experience capturing video, and many years of compression under my belt.. so if you just post what you are trying to do, i could help. except that i go out of town tomorrow morning, so... i would need more information to go on..
    aside from videohelp.com, doom9.net is the ULTIMATE DVD BACKUP site. and i mean ultimate.

4. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    I converted avi to dvd format. When I try to burn the dvd using either Nero or Ultra DVD Creator i get out of sync sound (with Nero) or a audio error message and exit (with Ultra). I would like to find a program that just does it all at once and be done with it. *sigh*

5. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    converting an avi to a dvd is not something i have played with (its like making an audio cd out of mp3s, the opposite direction you should take).. however...
    as i am assuming your avi contains a mpeg4 video stream (divx or xvid or the like), and a mp3 (probably variable bitrate) audio stream.. therein lies your problem. as the avi container had to be hacked to hold vbr mp3 streams, yet it seemed to become the norm. the problems arise when trying to edit or recompress the video, the container does not know how to handle the audio, so it becomes out-of-sync.
    nero vision express may be able to help, as it is the all in one program you are looking for. you can author a dvd, import your avi file, and it will (should, again this is theory, as i never did this) convert it to mpeg2.
    if still in doubt, or having problems, check here for more information.
    http://www.doom9.org/conversionguides.htm
    the guides for avi-dvd are a bit more complex than one would hope, but that probably makes them more likely to be successful..

6. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    You know Nero comes with a little handy program called "NeroVision" which does it all at once :).

7. Swiss-Tony

Swiss-Tony Active Member

GPU:
    x850xt pe 256mb
    2 programs i use for this are dvd santa , and nero vision are really simple to use , dvd santa being a sort of click on the file and convert. I sometimes get the audio out of sync with nero but not often. Give dvd sata a go :)

http://www.dvdsanta.com/

8. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    The free version of vsoDivxtoDVD_0.52.99 is a great tool to use also. After you convert you'll have to burn with another program though.

9. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, I'd suggest EOVideo to convert the file to mpeg2 and also to upsample the movie to DVD quality. Program worked fine for me. After that you should be able to burn it just fine. I already gave you a great link in my first post, though.

10. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    That's what I was using. :frown:

...my head hurts from all this stuff.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005

11. daz2712

daz2712 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4850 512mb
    Use TheFilmMachine mate.

Its an all-in-one convertor but its really good.Been using it for about 12mnths now and never had any probs with it!

12. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650

Which version 1.4 or the 1.5 beta?

13. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super