I freaking hate alcohol!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Jul 19, 2015.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    yep that sort of meditation is awesome, i also like to put 8 black candles around me, it gives a bit erry surrounding.

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    It's hard for me drink any kind of alcohol, the first effect I get is really hot then I get a headache that continues to increase the more I drink...usually it's pretty bad before I even get a buzz. So getting drunk seems impossible cause the headache usually makes me cop out before I can get there. Even if I did try to drink past it, it would turn full on migrain where I couldn't even stand light or sound and would just feel like total crap and want nothing more than to go to bed an lay down. I haven't had any kind of euphoria from alcohol since my early 20's. Now it just makes me feel like crap, even just a shot or half a beer.

3. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Might be hereditary and depend on enzymes ADH and ALDH.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Stopped drinking alc when i realized it was the reason for my constant nose problems.
    It seems the alcohol consumes fluids in our brains and i guess that has a drying effect on the inner chambers of my nose - it gets dry and starts to fill up with thick slime. Maybe that's a protection against bacteria and stuff in the air. A dry nose is def wrong.

It usually takes about 24hours to get back to normal if i drink a lot of water during the next day.

I'm so sick&tired of it, i figured it's easier to give up on alc altogether. Nothing wrong with a beer here and there but no more parties all night for me. ;)

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Damn man. When I was drinking Bomonti everyday last year I was a motivated , happy and thin guy. Now not drinking and I am fat, lazy, un motivated and stressed.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Alcohol has contributed to a fair amount of miserable, and borderline life threatening times in my past, but i also have alot of fantastic memories and alot of laughter so as long as it's in moderation it's all good.

I would not recommend drinking and messing with any PC hardware though, i personally get quite clumsy so even a simple SSD install from a few months back means i am now without a fan on one of my HDD cages.
    It also took me at least twice as long as it should have.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Man up OP.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So what? Let the pizza flow in you.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks like alcohol gives you some clarity moments morning after you drink it.
    Or your girlfriend gets wasted in same/worse way as you do.

I think it is good that people time to time realize they are just pile of meat with ugly brain inside. One day everyone will be old, and it is better to like someone for who he/she is than how he/she looks like.

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Errr... if you noticed those changes why not just stop drinking Bomonti? :p

I only ever drank Pernod 1 evening and when my body decided to spill it all out over my carpet during the night i decided Pernod was not for me.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    That's my favourite vodka, I wouldn't mix it, I drink it straight. If I wanted to mix vodka into a fruity drink I'd get some trash like Smirnoff... naw I'd never drink that even mixed, but you get what I mean.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Off topic: Nomad, seeing your post in the "Your song of the day" thread I can assume that you know russian language? When I was in Bulgaria in 1991 all people understood us and many talked with us.

13. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Almost flawless, yes. I do speak Russian. I even have Russian relatives from Omskaya Oblast, even though I'm 100% pure bulgarian myself.
    It's just another Slavic language, plus I'm quite a lot into the modern Russian culture and life stile so It was natural to me :D Have some space for improvement but I'm there.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Zubrowka is a cheap ass product and it tastes like it. IMO. It was in fashion about 10 years ago. There's much better vodkas out there. Again, IMO.

OP, again, you'll drink again. I just hope you don't make a "HATE BOOZE I'LL NEVER DRINK AGAIN" thread hahaaaaa

15. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    If by drink again you mean beer after work with friends and some wine at New Year eve then yes. Vodka no.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

Good vodka (like Tequila) does not give you a nasty hangover. Try some sood stuff not rubbing alcohol.

17. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    I freaking love alcohol! (hic)

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    Prefer weed myself, but alcohol is good in moderation, I've seen it destroy friends tho, alcoholism is no joke :(