i found a drink that agrees with me :-D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by damien666, Nov 6, 2011.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all for those who know me, i cant/dont normally drink due to liver issues "birth defect" only 20% or so work.. any how if i do drink its normally strongbow and it gets me ****faces, after 3/4 pints and then by 6+ im legless... but this week end ive been on brandy n cokes and this stuff goes really well with me...

i dont wake up with hangover or still pissed, it normally takes strongbow a full day or two to clear my system and i stay pissed for long time due to liver not flushing me out, but this brandy n coke well saturday i had 7+ doubles and i could still walk and last night i was way into the 15+ drinks and i was still able to be marry and not faceless :)

i dont think i can get faceless on brandy, but now im gona have a few months off the drink to let my body recoop lol as my liver is probably not be happy

2. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Spirits damage the liver more due to the high alcoholic content. You have a damaged liver already, quit drinking lol.

3. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Come to my country - Serbia, Southeastern Europe...

and see what IS a REAL brandy. We make it from the plums, in home made distilleries, so it is called 'a plum brandy' (shlivowitsa). It even does not require a liver to be consumed - only the REAL thirst... even babies can drink it... And to drink coke, oh man! it's no style at all... To spoil the brandy with anything based on chemicals, wow, you're ruining yourself. Sorry for you buddy...

Thumbs up for Robin Hood!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  4. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    You should look up how liquor is processed by the liver. And I do have the odd drink now and then but I don't have 20% functionality in my liver. Sh!t bro smoke pot.

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Totally.

6. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    You don't need alcohol trust me.Drink milk instead.It tastes much better and it's healthy.And with that kind of liver problems the alcohol just gonna **** you up.
    I'm not mocking you about the milk.Just giving you the facts.You can experiment with juice,coffee,tea all you want but for **** sakes don't molest your body!!!YOU WILL NEED IT FEW MORE YEARS.

7. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I cant drink most alcohol anyway being a diabetic. Most drinks send my BS levels sky high :(

But with a borked liver you should not drink. 1 or 2 now and then is fine and even good for you. But in your case drinking more is a bad idea.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Slivovica is a plum brandy, he was talking about french brandy I'm sure. Slivovica tastes nothing like brandy btw.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i have to agree with a few of these posts. you shouldnt be drinking. i mean a couple drinks a week really isnt going to hurt anything, but you should cut it out completely.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    When you wake up yellow you`ll not be so pleased they "Agreed" with you.

11. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hay all i drink maybe 1/2nights every 2/3months, i dint drink from birth till 16 then was reall bad on my first drinking session back when i was 16, had to get pumped and i only had a few, then i fount out my liver is quiet badly not functional, this explained the yellowness to my skin/eyes, some days i looked like a simpson it was that bad, now i only drink once in a blue moon, i wont drink now for a few months, i was just amused as normally id be pissed for 1/2days when drinking strongbow and these two days i will be more than likely bed bound, not sick or anything just like my insides are screwed into a ball type feeling... yet this brandy n coke is well i was sobar when i woke and dint have any after effects i normally do, i was quiet surprised

12. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    In that case I wouldn't be drinking period.

13. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 @ 925/4900 Rivamod
    What do you think of 'tieten'? That's 1 shot of Bacardi Razz with 1 shot of Peach 3, and the rest water. It's really good!

14. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    This scenario reminds me of Frankie Abernathy (Girl from The Real World: San Diego) who had cystic fibrosis.

This disease caused thick, sticky mucus to build up in the lungs, digestive tract and other areas of the body yet she insisted on smoking cigarettes..

The smoking worsened her case and the end result was that she died..

15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    heck i gulped down a glass of shlivowitsa,slibovitza,or rakie or what name has in Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary,Bulgaria or Romania.
    great stuff ,totally agree with you.
    živeli ! Na zdravje !

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

16. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    dont try this if you cant buy this: pyramid wheat brew, aloe juice & arizona green tea, its good stuff at the grocery.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I always drink spirits, feel fine after it. And in Newcastle everywhere is only £2 for a treble Vodka and mixer. On Friday night I drank a lot of Vodka, IDK how much as I was pouring it myself, but was fine when I woke up 6 hours and had a fair bit to do that day and did it all feeling great.

18. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Unfortunately everything agrees with me. I'm cutting down now though, too old for those shenanigans these days. Plus I'm way better at BF3 sober :banana:

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I remember my drinking days.....not all of them, but at least I remember SOME of them.... I actually miss those days =\