i fixed the 99% issue!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Direwind, Mar 24, 2011.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, back then we were also optimistic about the HUGE driver. :p

2. RSharpe

RSharpe Active Member

GPU:
    2 Palit GTX 580 3GB, SLI
    After a solid year of the random 99% utilization, the random Flash green screen, and also the very annoying auto monitor detection and icon moving "feature", I finally gave up on AMD and went Nvidia. All of those problems are gone now, although they've been replaced but a few other minor issues.

3. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    As they say the grass is always greener on the other side. :3eyes:

[​IMG]

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, in this case the other side is greener...because we're using red! *badum-tish*

Alright, time to sleep; GMT+8 over here. :sleep2:

5. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Does this 99% load bug apply to a single 5870 (mobility) setup? I'm still using the old 10.8 drivers because of the "lag box" thing that people were reporting, and then when this "99%" bug was reported I decided to stay with 10.8 even longer...

Just curious though; do these problems apply to single 5870s, as well as those in Crossfire? I just have a single 5870 inside my Asus G73; which driver version would be recommended for this setup? I'm still trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and upgrade, if the performance benefit is worth it...

Thanks

6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    yes single cards

i dont have the 99%, but i'm 4870x2, also i didnt install the APP/opencl drivers, uninstalled hdmi drivers, uninstalled avivo encoder, & am on FF3.6 still

i do have the mouse lag, but any game where it appears doesnt affect the fps at all (crysis, world in conflict, probably some others) even though some people said it kills strategy games like SC2

7. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    That's crazy, I can't believe that "box" bug is still around after all this time that ATI has had to fix it... Thanks for the heads-up on the 99% bug... Maybe I'll try out a custom install without Avivo and see if I get lucky, otherwise I guess I'm stuck with the 10.8 drivers for now.

You'd really think that ATI would have fixed serious, performance-related issues like those already, given how much time they've had...

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They don't even put much thought on creating the CAPs lately; just look at the 11.3 CAP3 thread.

9. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    The 99% bug came back for me last night after not having it for over a week. I thought I had fixed it by reverting back to FireFox3 and turning off flash acceleration. The trigger was NetFlix.

:bang:
    :pc1: :biggun:

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    My 99% Bug is fixed soon. I put my Sapphire HD5970 with Arctic Accelero XTREME 5970 on the net and ordered a reference Zotac GTX580 together with a Arctic Accelero XTREME Plus and some VR004 Set.

Bai bai! And never again something from AMD!

11. Isbre

Isbre Member Guru

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    I almost never have the 99% bug now. Was having it a lot with just a recent 11.4 ep, but now i think iv had it twice in last 10 days and i have been open/close a LOT of games repeatably due to testing different setting/benchmarking etc. And also the games don't take long to exit either when the 99% thing occur as it did before. Now that part atleast is back to normal. Had the 99% yesterday i think once, and that was when i close game while i still had Firefox 4 open in the background. I close Firefox and have not notice since.

Im guessing that most people notice the fan is not as quiet as it should be when 99%? anyway i have these babys on water so it's really not that big of a deal for me atm. :pipe:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  12. MASTERTRICK

MASTERTRICK Master Guru

GPU:
    CF 5850
    100% working fix to 99% gpu

Link:

PD : Google translator ...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  13. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Google translator is doing a terrible job there for me so I can't make out what he's trying to say. What is it exactly you do with ati2mdxx.exe?

14. MASTERTRICK

MASTERTRICK Master Guru

GPU:
    CF 5850
    You must disable "ati2mdxx.exe" from startup programs , so ...

[ Start --- msconfig ---- uncheck ati2mdxx.exe from startup programs ]

PD: "ati2mdxx.exe" is the executable to manage 2D events using UVD , i checked DXVA feature with Media player HC and it´s working perfect.So , you can feel absolutely free to disable that from startup.

15. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Nice bit of investigation there to find out that it doesn't effect anything else by disabling it. I should be able to get my Firefox 4 hardware acceleration back then.

Cheers.

16. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Well, just got home to try this out and it turns out that file isn't in my startup list or even running. So that means it isn't the fix for the 99% bug because I still get it. I do have external events service running though.. so I may try disabling that.

17. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    Any else try the "fix" and did it work for you?

18. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    doesnt seem to work for me, since I dont even have that thing loading on starttup.

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think ati2mdxx.exe is something to do with Hydravision, so unless you installed and used it (just installing it won't make it show up on Task Manager or starting up at boot time, but CMIIW), it's nothing to look after.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    My GTX580 will arrive next week =] 100% Fix there.