i feel pathetic now..

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by EspHack, Jul 13, 2012.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    heh i was sleeping and then i was feeling a few fingers touching my head's back on my bed and i just jumped the hell out of my room looking at my bed(saw nothing abnormal) and told my mom what happened then i noticed my right hand was very cold and i wasn't able to move it... heh i pranked myselft with my own hand
    my family is catholic so they did their things and talked about it seriously and now i'm awake at.. 5:43am.. nobody online to tell it.. my mom is here lol i'm ****ed up

2. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    How did you not notice your hand sooner? My hand went like that once ~10 years ago and it freaked me out -_-.. Your own fault for telling your mom in the middle of the night tho. :p

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Gah, I hate that feeling; when you fall asleep on your arm/shoulder in a weird position and it goes numb.

I once slept on my arm so bad that it was numb for 2 hours, it scared the hell out of me, I get massaging it and tried to warm it up with hot water to bring feeling back.

I read a story about a year ago of a girl who fell asleep with her legs crossed ( she fell asleep after a video game marathon ) and it completely cut off her circulation to her legs and she fell asleep for like 8 hours and she had to have both her legs amputated...

Hence why I freak out when my arms go numb.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    my arms and legs go numb all the time. the worst feeling is when you're in that awkward state of sleep where you can feel your body but are still half asleep. you can't move or control your body all the while feeling completely numb.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I sleep literally on my arms, or at least one arm at a time. I put them under the pillow since I find it the easiest way to adjust to become comfortable, I've tried all the pillows in the world and this is still the only way I can become comfortable.

As you can guess the result is my arms fall asleep (from a lack of sufficient bloodflow to the nerves) far too often. Considering how often it has happened to me, that can't be a good thing.

I've had both arms fall completely asleep on several occasions, that's awkward as it gets when you wake up.

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    My legs fall asleep when I sit on the can too long. I look like one of the zombies on the Walking Dead when I get up. Never occurred to me until now, what people must think, walking like that after...

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    my hand always falls asleep.. bad circulation....I cant play long games without breaks because my hand go numb when using the mouse.....

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    you mean sleep paralysis?

9. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Last time I woke my parents up in the middle of the night was at the age of 18. I had moved my bed and bent the crap out of an outlet in the night and didnt know it and when I reached down to unplug something in the dark I shocked the crap out of myself..tripped the breaker, finger was white as a ghost...Im not sure if I lost the nail later or not...had to wake my dad up just to tell him that I was awesome. The year was 1998...chicks were easier then.

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    ^ Is that it? Hell, I've almost drowned 3 times, been electrocuted (badly) 5 times and on my last dislocated my shoulder, been in a head-on car crash (messed up my knee), smashed my front teeth out and lost part of my top lip while craving up my elbows and spending the next few weeks spitting out parts of my mouth, and I have broken my hand.

I win. :D

OP: Yeah I know how ya feel, every time my arm goes numb I keep thinking this might be the last time I will be able to use it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

11. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    So how many times did you wake up your parents for all that?

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    That's what we in the biz call "A stranger"

13. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Me? Never, I'm to hard for that. Hell, the last time I got electrocuted and dislocated my shoulder, I had to climb off the roof.

Good times.

You mean this :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  15. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    This is the most important part. :)

16. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    yea^ im still regreting telling her

haha at least im not alone with this kind of histories

@neo cyrus thats exactly what i do, but i was looking at the roof when my paranormal hand was behin me haha

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    An 'acquaintance' of mine drove into a tree at 100kph after telling me to come out the front to 'show me his stereo' he then said when I got to the card that he would take me for t a short drive and show me how it sounded...he went around a blind corner ( 2 lane road, that was 4 lanes wide....quiet area so to speak ) and he came around into the line of driving of an old lady in a Suzuki Swift and he locked his brake and turned left, the only reason I think I'm still alive is because his extra wide sports tyres expoloded on impact on the gutter 2 metres before we hit the tree slowing us down 5 or 10kph...

The tree cut through the entire engine block of his VR commodore

[​IMG]

My knees went into the glovebox and my black jeans melted from the friction and were stuck to my knees like glue, The force of the impact snapped the steering wheel in half and his ( 'Josh's ) hands ( and the top half of the steering wheel ) went through the speedo/odometere/oil metre. I had a headache for a week and could feel pressure in the front of my skull that made me dizzy and made it hard to focus....the A-hole doctor I saw prescribed me Paracetamol after I reuested a CT scan...

When I was in the accident I screamed to slow down and he just laughed and sped up...

As a result even when my GF drives I have to take 10mg of valium if we have to go over 80kph and I can't be a passenger or use public transport...good times.

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i got half my mouth numb for over a month now, but the good news is that thanks to vitamins, the nerve is getting it's feelings back and i can start feeling my lower lip again!
    making out is coming closer!

what we talk about numb parts of the body, no?

19. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Don't believe in everything. I don't believe that is true, simply because in order to cut off circulation, you need quite stronger pressure than even your own weight (can't be full weight anyway, not close to it). I mean, nature don't work that way, you are almost perfect :). And first time i hear that story is from you now.

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    http://www.gamerzunite.com/Gamer-Girl-has-Legs-Amputated-due-to-3-Day-Gaming-Session