I don't know which driver to use to get a better FPS.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by muratcansimsek, Jul 2, 2022.

1. muratcansimsek

muratcansimsek New Member

GPU:
    r7 265 dual x
    Hi I'm a rookie and not familiar with forums so sorry for that I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

I'm using Windows 7 because I get higher fps, I've seen custom AMD drivers give more FPS in games. But on the forum, I don't know which driver to install for my video card and operating system.

Could you please tell me which driver I should install, I would really appreciate it.
    upload_2022-7-2_13-47-10.png upload_2022-7-2_13-47-22.png

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Depends on a lot of factors. If I were you i'd switch to windows 10 first and then establish a baseline.

3. muratcansimsek

GPU:
    r7 265 dual x
    I have implemented many performance enhancing articles and videos for Windows 10. But the FPS values are very low while playing games. For example, if I get 250 fps in Windows 7 in CS:GO, these values decrease to 150 in Windows 10 and I experience stutters and freezes. So there must be a proprietary driver that I can use in Windows 7.

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If you have 100fps less on win 10 compared to win 7 you broke something.

5. muratcansimsek

GPU:
    r7 265 dual x
    I'm not a novice enough to break things, I'm a computer technical service worker even though I don't know how to use forums very well. The problem is entirely due to Windows 10's incompatibility with my hardware. That's why I'm looking for a driver that I can use in Windows 7.

6. muratcansimsek

GPU:
    r7 265 dual x
    Any help?

7. V1CT1MISED

V1CT1MISED Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 12GB
    I'd honestly replace the old 265 than run a unsupported OS that could compromise your security. Even something like a 1050 would be faster and well supported. Or just deal with the 150 FPS on Win 10 if you don't have a 240Hz monitor.

8. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    For best performance, switch to Windows 10 and use the latest NimeZ drivers.

Undying likes this.