I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    There are ways to cheat on consoles, revently i think COD4 got hit with certain hacks but aint too sure. But you are correct, not nearly as rife as it is on PC's.

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Nah no cheats in Any 360 or Ps3 game as far as i know.
    And i like to keep up with these things...

Apart from the little glitches in COD4 like leaving the level or geting ontop of buildings.

3. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Might not be hacks, just extremely sad people who know nothing else but COD4 :) i tried searching but didn't seem to find anything on Google about ps3/xbox hacks. i do hope it keeps this way :)

I can understand that PC can run any programs in the background while playing games, which is how hacks are used, but i don't think PS3/xbox can? (apart from downloading demos/etc)

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Xbox can

360 cant
    ps3 cant.

not yet...But eventually will....After Homebrew Works...

5. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i cant remember exactly what it was mite just have been some sort of glitch, i duno.

6. snugg

snugg New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 512
    I was just saying that my personal preference was PC, but nice job blasting me there guys :p. And Crysis really isn't that hard to run IMO. I have an AMD Athlon X2 4800+, around 100$ today, 2GB of PC3200 ram, around 150$, a simple mobo, a 70$ 250gig HD, an 8800GTS (~300$) and a 620w PSU for 150$, and I can play crysis on almost max no problem (AA is turned off, but modified the config file for AA on trees/shrubs only. have motion blur, hit blur, DoF, godrays, max water quality, and all on 1680x1050 at ~30fps.) I'm sure that PCs are going to cost a little more than a console, but you can do so much more things on XP/Vista that are not available by default on a console. Don't like windows? Use linux or Mac, hell even Novell if you want. I'm sure everyone likes one of those.

7. nyy22k4ws

nyy22k4ws Banned

GPU:
    2 8800GT 512mb SLI
    computers are for work. at least for me. i'd rather have my xbox hooked up to a big screen tv in HD downstairs and have my pc in my room

8. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Yes, you are right, you can do more things with PC's :) but thats what their for! Im pretty sure most people will have both PC and console on this forum, and i doubt there is "competition" between console and PC because its simply for different things! Though PC can play games as well as everything else, and now with next-gen consoles you can browse websites/install different OS's.

Personally i use my macbook pro for work/photoshop/internet, PC for BF2/COD4 and PS3 for gaming (though i only have Uncharted and just ordered COD4). I actually said to myself i will never get a console, but after seeing GTA:IV trailers, along with MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, i couldn't resist :D

P.S didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome!

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    c'mon now, its old

[​IMG]

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I have had the RRoD, so I speak from experience here. It isn't THAT bad; you ship it off, deal with a few weeks of having a life, and it gets shipped back with new parts, or you get a brand new console. Plus 1 month of Gold subscription as a "Sorry guys, we ****ed up". Also, when compared to driver/hardware compatibility, and general things going wrong on your PC, the RRoD is a simple and easy thing to sort out. Half the time, **** know's what is going on with your PC.

Granted, it is a pain, but if it is truly a major inconvenience you can usually haggle a replacement out of it. My cousin did for Christmas. Like I said, it is a pain, there is no denying that, but at least it is being fixed and the old consoles are getting phased out. When the PS2 was released, Sony had to be SUED to fix the DRE problems that they also new about before release.

The RRoD issue should NEVER have become an issue, but at least MS are trying their best to fix it. Without a major lawsuit being shoved up their ass.

The thing I meant about having it all in your hands (no jokes, I mean the controller :p) is the extra freedom it gives, the mobility and ease of it all. I can stand up and jump around when I have a mad ass Perfection going on Halo 3, I can chuck it to my friend when he asks if he can have a go, and overall, controllers are just far more comfortable. At least in my opinion.

Analog sticks also provide pressure sensitive movement, which I am pretty sure keys on a keyboard don't give.

I'm not saying consoles are better than PCs, not at all. What I am saying, is that they are a seriously good option, even if you do already have a PC.

11. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Um why do you have to upgrade for every game? I have had my 8800GTS for 9 or more months and I wont need to upgrade for a while. I can play every game max except crysis.

12. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    ide like to see u play sim city societys max without slowdown :p

13. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Exactly the 8 series is the current gen.

If you had a 7950 then that would make sence

14. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    360 is a lot better for people who dont have the money for a pc.
    Wii is just the funnest system known to man for people of all ages.

PS3 is just a expensive piece of hardware.

15. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I dont understand why people say PS3 is expensive. Yes, its £30 more expensive than xbox 360 premium/pro.

It has a built-in bluray player. Thats what, £200 +? It also has 20gb bigger HDD than 360 PRO version. Plus it has a lot of potential which hasn't yet been used (which will be used in future games), unlike 360 which seems to have been pushed to its limit, and the fans blowing full speed rather loudly.

Would you complain having 9800 GTX OC and getting 300fps on games? (random example)...

No, because in future you could use the full power of the hardware for better games!

16. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    i laugh when people say the ps3 is more expensive.

its cheaper than an elite, and if the elite had the same stuff as the ps3 it would be twice the price. but some say you dont need them to play...

your still going to buy them.

with all the extras i had bought for my 360 i was able to trade up to a ps3 at launch. with the same stuff and 6 games.

think of the wii, with all the extras it can have i think its the most expensive of all, for what you get!

17. Corndog

Corndog Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 702/1728/1913
    Holy cow....I was reading the first few pages of this crap, and I started to get a little annoyed. I usually don't partake in conversations like these, but I just had to make a remark.

Dude, Hett....LOL... man...
    I guess all I have to say is... wow. How can you honestly say with a straight face that a 3850 can play games better than a 360 or a ps3 can? Let alone "twice" as well? A $500 computer is more capable at playing the equivelant game on a 360 or PS3?? I have an 8800 and still feel like it's trailing in some titles. Oh, BTW, with you I feel like I have to make this clear, but the 1gb of RAM in my sig is not true. I yank out another gig of ram from my other rig to play games when I do. So, no you can't say anything about that. And even with 2gb of RAM on my system sometimes I wanna get a ps3...
    You say it's proven that your computer with your mighty 3850 can outshine those consoles? Hahahah!! Where's the proof?
    I guess it's pretty silly for me to ask you for proof of a feat that is impossible. It just might perform better if you're playing on a 3 inch display at 340x200 resolution....
    Other people here are right when they say that you sound pretty idiotic when you say things that are so popostrous.
    You say that it pisses you off when people make statements while disregarding logic?? Where on this thread do you present any? How's this for logic: There is absolutely no possible way during this time one can spend $500 on a computer and have it be more capable than those consoles. I know it may hurt to hear, but the truth hurts sometimes. Unless your card is being used in another universe with entirely different laws of physics and logic, or some crap like that, I'd say,"WAKE UP and smell the dank."

18. Corndog

Corndog Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 702/1728/1913
    LOL!! Nice screenshot btw.

19. Corndog

Corndog Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 702/1728/1913
    Was I supposed to let this thread die? woops my bad guys xp

20. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850

I can easily max out Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 at 1280x1024. I built this PC for $780. In fact, Crysis [I have to turn PP and shadows to medium! Oh noes!] and WiC [I can max it out in almost all of the missions, but it's unplayable in a couple] are the only games that I can't.

The 360 is more popular and harder to pirate, so a lot of the good games are exclusive to it, that and Live are the only points it has on PC.

I have to say that people that can't figure out the Wii are either old or stupid. Within 10 minutes of Red Steel, I had the controls mastered and no complaints (it does go crazy for a second maybe twice an hour, but it doesn't take more than 1 second to correct). I then watched my cousin epically fail with it, he couldn't grasp the idea of moving only a little.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008