I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, call me a troll, but that's almost 2 times the price of a 360 and sorry, no, 3850 can't do the same graphics. Not even remotely. Bye... You should be banned for trolling here and for all the BS you've stirred in this thread. I hate ignorant little ****s like you with passion...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Between star wars and GTA4 coming out, I'm tempted soon to buy the system. Kind of getting bored with the pc games out there.

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i am bored with pc games these days. :( if only GTA4 was released the same day on pc as the others.

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, we could get into semantics and grammar here, but that's not really the point of this thread. I don't feel the need to have to justify myself to you anymore. Go ahead and believe what you want. It won't hurt me any if your computer dies one day.

5. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    The arcade version don't have a HDD but a memory card to savegames. You can't download games from live without HDD, correct me if I'm wrong. You MUST buy a MS HDD to your xbox360, and it cost a fortune. Still I'd say go for the premium if you don't get the arcade version dirt cheap.

Happy gaming!

6. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870

bahahahhahaahahahah.

For 300$, can you build a PC that will even run Vista decently? The 360 beats the PC for price over value department for sure.

It can play games at settings that would usually cost an 800$ PC to do, including speakers and keyboard. People mostly buy the 360 because it's simpler and friendlier to the average gamer, cheaper, and a lot of my friends have it. I actually know the people I game with on Live. Their are some exclusives that are very good.

I don't plan on updating my PC any time soon as my 360 can do it all for me right now. I don't need Crysis, I'm going to play some Far Cry 2 instead. It may not look as good as the PC version, but for 300$, who can complain? I haven't had any RROD problems and I've had this console for almost a year, m$ actually did something good and extended your warranties to 3 years, and by then I'm back to the PC scene.

7. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    It depends upon what games you like to play. I personally enjoy strategy, RPG, and FPS games such as Supreme Commander and COD 4/Bioshock. All of which genres are far better enjoyed on a PC(yes, I know that both of the aforementioned FPS games are available on the 360 but please, don't try to compare playing those on a PC vs the 360). If I wanted to play a racing, fighting, or sports game, the console is the superior choice.

I'll spend the money to enjoy my gaming interests, however, to each their own.

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I currently own a PC decent for gaming (22" Samsung) which I built in Sept/Oct, I got a little over a year ago, and I bought a PS3 today.

Full list of consoles in order:

Nintendo
    Super Nintendo (was at my grandmas house a few blocs away, great reason to go over there and eat food while playing SNES)
    Genesis
    N64 (launch purchase)(originally bought by grandma for 'all the kids' but eventually it ended up at my house cuz I was over there so much)
    PSOne (bought it 2-3 years after it came out so I could play FFVII)
    PS2 (launch purchase)
    Dreamcast
    Xbox 360
    PSP (slim)
    PS3

Consoles are so much different than they used to be when I was a kid (25 now). But the favorite games I enjoyed playing break down like this (in no particular order)

Turok - N64 great game, spent so many hours playing it and enjoying the 'big' levels from that time period, hated every Turok after it, besides computer it was one of the few 'fps done right' on consoles at the time. Used the 'C' buttons to move/strafe and the joystick to look. Weapons = awesome.

Final Fantasy VII - PSOne one of the best RPGs I have ever played, spent over 99 hours and 99 mins before the play counter quit counting, that was when I was around 70th level and I played untill I was 99th level then beat the game. I will admit like a man, I did shed a tear when Aries died. Could be the greatest game ever in my book.

Half-Life - PC bought it first day it came out at Sams and played it on Pentum 233 overclocked to 266 with a Diamond Voodoo 2 12MB card. Was simply revolutionary in my eyes, so much fun and spent SOOO many hours playing mods for it years after release

Goldeneye - N64 another great FPS on consoles, the single player was fun as hell and the multiplayer always great with friends

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Xbox 360 just loved it great fun single player spent quite a few hours on this game over the past year

Soul Calibur 1/2 Dreamcast/PS2 - my favorite fighting game ever. the DC version of the first game seems superior in response and game play, though SC2 was good in my opinion as well

Lords of the Realm III - PC fun game my friend and I always played over modem

Starcraft - PC dont even need to say this games greatness

Command and Conquer Series - PC from the first C&C on PSOne to Red Alert on computer spent many hours at friends house playing these games, let alone by myself

Velocity Jetfighter - PC played this game on my 386 DX 33mhz with turbo button (changed it from 25 to 33mhz) spent so many hours on that old dinky computer playing that game

bah, I am at work and PD just got into a house party so I will be busy running driver license checks...

9. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    Like I said I paid $500 or so for my PC and it runs ALL 360/PS3 games better... PROVEN. You need to go to bed eclap tbh... I also like how people insult me and can't manage to argue with actual facts... I appreciate everyone who has said why they enjoy consoles I'm beggining to realize consoles aren't so bad if your not an avid pc gamer or want the exclusives.

We can close this topic NAO!!! and I low how I'm called a troll when 40 out of my 50 topic posts have been help requests... meh, some people just think they're SO smart.

HE also probably paid over $100+ for that water cooling unit when he could have just bought a better CPU and GPU to begin with and not have to over-clock... the 8800GT is too over-priced for its performance the HD3850 runs everything fine aside from crysis and extra high resolution games... Only extreme gamers would spend that kind of cash on an 8800GT 4GB RAM and a $100+ motherboard with a Q6600 CPU.

10. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Dude, there's no reason to justify yourself if your posts aren't offensive or completely irrelevant. I agree with eclap on this issue but may disagree with him on another. That's just how it goes. But you need to chill a bit. Realize that there are many of us on this website, and we don't always agree with each other. The reason people join this website is that most of us actually know what we're talking about. eclap is one of them... You however, given the tone of your latest post, should relax just a bit(I'm being kind here fellow veteran Gurus). :rolleyes:

11. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    I may be new here but I'm no idiot... eclap is in the wrong and he knows it... he was rude and abrubt with not logic or fact behind his reasoning...

12. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    He was in the wrong and he knows it? Dude, you just completely lost any shred of credibility you may have had. Sorry. Hasta.....

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    whats wrong with you really? and tbh try running RB6 as good as on consoles with ur puny comp -.-

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You proved jack all. Here, show me a $500 PC that plays games better than a 360. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2032280010 4021&bop=And&Order=PRICE

Please... Because I don't think that a X1200 or similar can. Even if they could, it's still almost 2 times the price of the 360. So what exactly was your argument? Feel free to link me up to a $500 build that is better than a 360... Then we can talk...

Or here you go... This rig would be reasonably good for playing games. It's not great, the mouse+keyboard are bog standard, integrated sound, no monitor or speakers. E6550 with 2gb ram, 8800gt and a 250gb hdd. Now check the price, we're looking at $800! Please build me a rig for $500. Still want to argue? http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?submit=ChangeItem

Oh, if you think that your rig runs games better than a 360 than that's ok, I'll just laugh.

15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Becuase most 360 games are better than pcs.
    They are not ports.
    I dont have to patch games.
    it looks Great.
    Burnout Paradise is awsome.
    Forza.
    Any exclusive.
    Most games come out on 360 first or ps3.
    The Controller is so comfortable.
    Guitar Hero!!
    Rack Band!!!
    Cheap!!
    Easy online Gaming.
    No hackers.
    We even get betas and Exclusive demos.
    lots of crap to download on the marketplace.
    Friends thingy is awsome.

my head hurts...i thinks that enough

500 bucks in Aus Is going to get you jack all....

Prob a 6200 Graphics card....Generic MB, 512 ram, Second hand 17 inch crt...second hand mouse/keyboard. second hand everythng..really...

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    @Roguesn1per - Is the new Burnout really that good?

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I like it.

Awsome graphics, For a burnout game.

The Physics are sweet as, and The Free roam multiplayer is endless fun...

play 8 player "tag" One guy is it, and he has to Takedown another guy to make them it....So much fun..

18. RanCor TDO

RanCor TDO Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080 GameRock

It's amazing mate, not put it down since I got it on Friday morning. The online play blends in seemlesly with single player, and with no slow down and top notch gameplay and graphics I'd recommend it to anyone.

Game of the Month imo.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh good... I'll get it today then...

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    If you like the other burnout games you will like this game.