I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Reason i did't like the xbox 360 was two reason's, red ring of death and xbox live users. i was on my 3rd xbox 360 under one month in nov 07 when i got it in oct 07. xbox live, pretty much its like CS Source but in every xbox live game.

i cant even stand playing on live because all you heard was 12 year old and stupid people yelling on the mic for no reason and saying the N word and not the N word you heard from Black People. i feel ashame as a gamer to listen to that crap every day when play on live.

now games for windows live, you dont heard this and its rare you heard people bit*hing too. PS3 little people use there mic and some do not and this is what i like, playing games with out stupid people yelling or being racist online.

2. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    One main reason I would get an xbox360 over a PC:

While you are on your computer, playing online, lonely, seculded from the world, 360 users can invite friends over, have a few beers, and can all play the same game online at the same time (well for the games that support it atleast, such as halo 3, nhl 08, etc etc..).

I love PC gaming, but I would rather play games with my friends by my side joking and drinking :)

Does PC gaming have its benefits? Of course, but you wanted one reason why you would buy a 360 over a PC.

3. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Why would someone want a 360 over a PC?
    • The 360 is much cheaper than a PC
    • At the moment it delivers a comparable visual experience to most people
    • The exclusive, or timed exclusive, games (DMC4, GTA4, Forza 2, PGR4, Mass Effect, Halo 3 etc)
    • Far less hassle in setting up, getting games to work etc
    • An easier and more streamlined online experience for most people
    • A huge community to game with
    • Some games a console is simply better suited to
    Yes the 360 has its problems, but anyone who doesn't think it represents excellent value for money in terms of what it can do visually and the decent library of games available to it along with all the other features it offers I think is kidding themselves.

4. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    ^ Well said and I agree. :)

5. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    I pretty much use my 360 as a media extender theses days, I have quite a bit of media on my drives and like streaming to 360

6. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    Yes, well said Bahamut...I agree wholeheartedly. But make sure you buy a Falcon or Jasper revision!!!

PS. Are you by chance the same Bahamut from the Elder Scrolls Forums way back when Oblivion first came out?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    xbox360 has external HDD and HD support.is that true? so what if u dont have a HDD in xbox360? as i see and own Assassin Creed instals game data to HDD in PS3, how xbox360 deals with it? long loading times? :S

8. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    I use my Xbox360 Elite for almost everything. Watching movies (DVD, HDDVD and streaming), listening to music, playing games etc. This is my second unit and my first unit i had from 2005 to 2007 august, sold it to my brother and he still uses it. My new one works flawessly as the first unit. Although i have to clean the cache sometimes but thats ok.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Im gonna agree with eclap tbh ^^ ill stick to rts, fps and mmorpg on the pc and some rpgs like witcher. then with my xbox i tend to play all the other games :D now im waiting for DMC4, NG2 due to may!!!! and then Lost Odyssey oya that might be great :p i love the fact that square enix and other jrpg guys started making games on xbox too >_<

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I bought my 360 way back in Feb 2006 to play games like Condemned and Graw,PGR3........there was no way my PC at that time could have played those games even if they were available on the PC at that time.

As for your 'why buy a console' question, its simple, if you don't like something then move on, its that simple.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i was a guy who hates consoles and ANALOG stick. since 1 year i have a pS2 and since summer 2007 i have a ps3 and PSP. last year i remmeber that i opened a topic here about why i didnt buy a console before. i have a good pc and i have good consoles. but most of the time iam infront of console @ my "couch". here i want to take ur atteniton to detail. Couch. yes this is the way i like gaming. relaxing space, relaxing holding a ANALOG gamepad, with mouse and keyboard ur hands get pain u know. and with console u can have fun with ur friends. there r many alternative games and ways of gaming in consoles. from child to older people, there r many alternative games for each target group. in some time i will take a photo of my hobby(gaming) room in my home. a real relaxing way of sitting and enjoying gaming. and keep in mind. iam a guy who hated consoles and analag sticks for years. u ca find them with search button. it was a prejudice, i accept it. now i always ask for gamepad in PC games too.

12. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ahhh i remember the days 12 years old playing sweet halo on the Xbox thats when i loved consoles as PC's five years ago were not powerful enough to run much now with uber PCs available and mid range PCs are available for most i agree consoles are less powerful than PCs most games on PS3 or 360 operate at 30fps except for new burnout 60fps and i mean why the hell should i have to fork out to play on live it should be free.

I was gonna buy a 360 for GTA4 when its released but if its coming out on PC whats the point.

Plus wheres all the exclusive titles..gta on Xbox is a sin its home is on the playstation, gears of war is coming out on PS3 wtf?

13. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    People treat this like im flamming, im just trying to understand... the 360 might be cheaper NOW but when it first came out I could build:

380w Antec - $60
    HDD - $50
    Memory - $40
    Motherboard - $50
    CPU - $100
    Case - $40

that's less then the premium... and more capible, thats how much I spent on my PC and it plays better then the 360 does.

Idc, if you guys like consoles.. I just think they are only good for their exclusives and multiplayer, aside from that PC is the best way to go.

14. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    GTA4 is not exclusive to 360. I own a pc and ps3, i love burnout on the ps3 but i love the 360's ability to play online with mates on the same console with guest profiles. PS3 lacks this and really needs it.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm... I don't think it plays games better than a 360 without a gpu? Also, you can now get (and could at launch) a 360 for a price of a high end 8800 card. So yeah, get your facts right.

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Haha lol

I agree that the 360 is a good console, been playing mass effect for a long time now and really enjoying it plus the slew of other games i played on it last year, love my PS3 aswell tho.

17. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    My PS3 has Burnout, and its worth it just for that!

PC = FPS/RPG/Strategy

Consoles = Driving/Sport/Platform

It does but it depends on the game. But they will be called player 2 or (user name) 2.

Warhawk and COD4 for example.

My console has 3 user profiles.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  18. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    Meh, like I said PS3 and 360 have their exclusives but IMO all of the good ones are on PC. I'm not a driving, sports, platform fan anways. The GPU with those components is still almost under $400. Umm, who needs a 8800? LOL... HD3850 runs all 360 games better and smoother.. meh.

case closed, get your facts straight.

19. georaldc

georaldc Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Its all about preference. I love jrpgs the most, and I dont think I'll be seeing lost odyssey or FF13 on PC anytime soon. Plus, I grew up playing consoles and the diversity in games they've offered was always what grabbed my attention.

20. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Jeez, I was going to make a post saying what I think, but then I realized that no one in here really makes any valid arguments, that doesn't mean no one did though.

Seems like this thread has nothing but fanboys in it.

@Hett, what kind of gaming PC doesn't even have a video card in it? Let alone a 380w PSU. Do you start threads like this on purpose because you like to argue?