i cant set AGP 2x

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

how can i set AGP 2x with my ASUS K7M ?<BR>I know i am using 1x (WCPUID)<P>Asus K7m<BR>Athlon 550<BR>Geforce 2 MX

2. Guest

Guest Guest

these tools/reg-files to set AGP2x in the registry are not working for me<P>i am using<BR>Win2k<BR>Nvidia Detonator 7.17

3. I'm not sure, but is that mainboard VIA based ? If so, you might want to download the latest 4-in-1 drivers and install them in turbo mode. that will enable at least 2x and more likely 4x. Also check wether you have an IRQ conflict/sharing IRQ with your videocard. This can actually force AGP1x.<P>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

4. Guest

Guest Guest

first i thought i have a VIA Board, but found out only Southbridge is VIA ... the more important Northbridge is AMD-751<P>so VIA 4-1 wont work (i already know this method for VIA based boards)<P>... there are no conficts either<P><BR>how i have written, i found tools and reg-files, which should force AGP 2x for my Mainboard, but they dont work<P>hmpf

5. Have you called/e-mailed the ASUS helpdesk already ??<P>Anyway, it's a Irongate chipset issue. Download our GeForce Tweak Utility and force the Irongate chipset towards AGP2x. You _might_ experience issues though. If so, you'll have to go back to AGP1x.<P><BR>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."<p>[This message has been edited by Hilbert Hagedoorn (edited November 23, 2000).]

6. Satconcook

Satconcook Guest

I have the same exact problem, just locks up at random times during the middle of a game. I too have tryed several reg settings, and geforce tweak, but WCPUID says AGP 1X, there is no setting in my Bios to assign a IRQ for VGA nor is there a setting to choose AGP 1x/2x. I have tried as much as I can tell, even reformatted and started from scratch with Win 98 SE/Athlon 600/195 MB Ram/Geforce 2 GTS, 32 MB. Love any other suggestions. SC

7. Satconcook

Satconcook Guest

Got AGP 2X finally, I used the Geforce tweak v2.3 and turned AGP transfer rate (i810 and newer} on and to 2X, well now it says it is 2x but didn't solve my crash problem. Although it did seem to last a little longer. So this time I took everything off the power supply excpet the video card and 1 CD-Rom, thought I had it fixed unitl about 40 min into the game, I reached into the computer while it was on and noticed the heat from the card, the only other thing I can figure is that it is just not cool enough around the card. Still trying, SC

8. Guest

Guest Guest

it still only runs with AGP 1x ;((<BR>i tried geforce tweak 2.3 - where is this option ??? which OS are u using ? <BR>i have win2k - are there other options ? i think so ... so still the same old problem ;(

9. Guest

Guest Guest

i tried ... i tried ... i tried ...<P>no success<P>plz anyone got another idea ? plzzz

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm having the same problem - I'm using the AMD chipset, and can't get AGP2x working... I have latest AGP drivers, I've tried GeForce Tweak (doesn't fix it)... I'm pulling my hair out.<P>Any ideas???????????<P>

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Finally! Got AGP 2x working (took me forever).<P>Ashok - I have the same Northbridge (AMD-751) and only got it to AGP2x with POWERSTRIP... hopefully this helps.<P>I think Powerstrip is in the downloads section.