I can hear screen movement through my laptop speakers

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Diamond15, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    Hello

I bought a laptop a few days ago. It's a packard bell easynote TJ65 15.6" with the following specs :
    T6600
    4gb ram
    GT240M
    conexant audio
    tft led backlit display

The problem i have is that i can hear the screen movement in my speakers. When i start up a game with the volume set to low i can hear some sort of high frequency buzz. The noise changes depending on what movement is on the screen. I hear it in games, video's and a little bit in windows when switching between programs. When i'm playing a youtube movie the noise is rather faint, when i put the youtube movie on full screen the noise becomes louder.

When i turn off the speaker i don't hear it anymore. When i use earphones i don't hear it either. This makes me think the speakers pick up some RF interference.

I have been searching for this problem all day long with google but i can't find someone with the exact same problem. If it is indeed RF interference i will bring it back to the shop.

If it's software related, is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    if my new laptop did all that stuff i would return it.

3. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    I went back to the store and explained what the problem is. The guy told me one of the employees is a computer expert and so on... and that guy said i just had to reinstall windows. I know this doesn't fix the problem and it didn't. I'm going back tomorrow, now i can demand a new one. I'll probably pick another brand too because packard bell seems like bad quality. The extra software is terrible, the build quality is bad, no shielding against rfi.

Thanks for your opinion, this thread can be closed now.