I bought an Rx 560 recently but when I install the driver screen goes black

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Huzama, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Huzama

Huzama New Member

GPU:
    AMD RADEON RX 560
    So I recently bought an AMD rx 560 sapphire
    When I bought it home I realized it has a DVI-D and HDMI slot and the lcd I use only has a vga slot (it's kinda old ).

So I bought an Hdmi to vga converter and boom now I got display so i started downloading the GPU driver from AMD's site.
    The version I downloaded was Adrenaline 20.5.1
    I started it up began the driver installation as soon as the installation hit 85 I got a notification that pc will have to restart after the installation but as soon as the installation hit 90 my screen went black the pc was still running cause I could listen to the music in the background but no display the screen was completely blank I waited a solid 30 mins that it might take time setting it up but still it was black
    I restarted my pc manually

Now my display works till the window start up logo but after that I get no display.

I got into safe mode and deleted the drivers fro.m device manager and tried a few of previous versions but the result was same always . As soon as the installation goes beyond or near 90 I get black screen. I don't know what to do now.

My pc:-

Windows 10 1909

Core I7 930 2.80ghz

4gb ddr3 Ram

AMD Rx 560 Sapphire

Idk the name of the power supply but it's 525 watts

2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 570 8GB
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did you buy this used?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    When you are installing the drivers make sure you have no connection to the internet. Without ms forcing their drivers while installing. Clean up everything with ddu and try installing it again. I would also try another pc also with a different psu and a newer motherboard. Could be compability issue.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    DVI to VGA converter perhaps and see if that works, HDMI has some compatibility options but can't get to those without a active display so without a TV or monitor with HDMI or a DVI connector if the converter is the issue then that won't work.
    560 so trying a 18.x or 19.x earlier driver is also worth it just in case AMD tinkered with something like HDCP going over HDMI there and hitting that VGA converter or possibly out of range from the refresh rate or any number of issues.

EDIT: These things.
    [​IMG]

Almost every GPU had something like that bundled in though nowadays it's more often than not a less-than-quality HDMI cable or a DP/HDMI converter or something.

Digital to Analog but without any of the possible HDMI issues, hopefully that takes care of it.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Maybe he needs an active hdmi to vga converter.

[​IMG]

boombastik likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    That could also work, forgot that there's also active HDMI which could be a solution if a bit extra is needed beyond just a boost for longer cables and carry signal strength. :)

8. itpro

itpro Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Dvi to vga is more viable and much cheaper. I have never listened any good about hdmi to vga. Too huge gap to fill in between those tech. More over, it is video to video signal, hdmi has also audio and or Ethernet. So, OP, return this adapter or buy another one, dvi-d to vga. It works 100%.

9. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 SapphirePulse
    He needs active adapter. Rx560 dont have analog signal. The same thing as pascal nvidia and above.

Undying likes this.
  10. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    I would recommend a Displayport to VGA adapter.

A few weeks ago I upgraded to a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse and I used to have an MSI R7 370 2gb. My cheap Samsung TV won't go above 720p via HDMI so I have to use the VGA connection to get a decent 1080p signal. On both graphics cards they both need to be converted to VGA so for the R7 370 it worked fine with a DVI to VGA connector but the RX 580 only works by using a Displayport to VGA adapter. Trying the DVI to VGA cable that I used with the R7 370 didn't produce a signal.

The RX cards must be difficult when it comes to getting a signal to a television because when I had an RX 570 it stopped producing a picture after three weeks so I returned it thinking the card was at fault. Now with the RX 580 it can show a black screen now and again, especially after a big Windows update. Sometimes I have to use the HDMI to HDMI connection that I send to my Yamaha receiver because I use it for an audio signal. The receiver still sends a HDMI video signal to the TV so I use this method when I need to troubleshoot any issues due to a black screen with Displayport to VGA.

Completely removing AMD drivers has recently caused a black screen more than once so for the time being I'm going to keep installing over existing drivers which works perfectly. Two weeks ago I had a black screen that had me scratching my head so much I decided to format drive C and re-install Windows 7 from the original disc and then upgrade again to Windows 10. After all the recent news the black screen could have been caused because I didn't update the AMD drivers before the latest big Windows update.

"Now my display works till the window start up logo but after that I get no display."

I had the same issue when using DVI to VGA. The BIOS screen showed up but after that I got no video signal, so I would say it's not the AMD drivers but the connection you're using. Try Displayport to VGA.