I bought 2x2GB Kingston rams. But these rams r SLIM. Picture inside

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mr.Bigtime, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i coudlnt resist and bought 2x2Gb Kingstan 667 MHZ DDR2 rams. But these RAMS r realy differnet and slim. i never seen such slim rams. even the seller was surprised when his asisstant got these from backside of the store. i searched KINGSTON website. SKU code is true but i couldnt find any picture of thse. here they r

[​IMG]

and here the differerence with my twinmos ddr2 ram[​IMG].

2. Tequila

Tequila Master Guru

GPU:
    Quad-Sli GTX680
    A more efficient design, maybe they are cutting costs and minaturising things?

3. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR667D2N5K2_2G.pdf
    "Note: The module defined in this data sheet is one of several configurations available under this part number. While
    all configurations are compatible, the DRAM combination and/or the module height may vary from what is described
    here. However, in no configuration will the module height exceed 1.250" (31.75mm)."

You're fine, they will work just the same.

4. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    I work at a pc repair shop and kingston is our supplier and all the new regular ddr2 looks like this.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    They work awesome. AWESOME AWESOME. no stutter, no freezing , NOTHING. god thank u. and i purchased them @ 50 $! normal 2x2Gb 667MHZ kingstons r 100$! awesome!

4Gb @ 50$ is a good deal in my country man. it has guarantee ofcourse.

i just cant beleive how my performance increased.

6. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    Yup DDR2 is very cheap atm, im thinking of grabing 4GB more myself. :)

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Gratz on the purchase!

Update your specs :)

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Thank you my friend.

krze; u mean total 8GBs? infact iam thinking that too. Vista64 is now my futureproof OS.and better i enable restore point option. infact 8Gb will help alot to OS.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yeah i am thinking of buying 16GB of ram...

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    In Finland Kingston 1 GB 800Mhz CL5 DDR2 costs only 16€ each. I am tempted to try out if they would work in my system but it would probably be just conspicuous consumption.

11. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes - 4GB is ideal for Vista, which is how much I currently have. 8GB is great from what im reading.

Im running Vistax64 btw.

12. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Mr.B

Didnt you already have 667 ram?
    How does the performsnce compare to what you had?

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Pcthug. i know why u ask. u wonder difference between 667 and 800. Yes my previous rams were 667. and this is same. this is just smooth becuase i GUESS; there is more free resource/ram so filling it with data is more easy and fast. i am not prof of these things my friend. there r more inteeligent people around here. I am sure they r more willing to help to u than me. iam just noob of hardware. and trying to share my experiences.

But as i pointed out before and as i read on net; 667vs800 isnt that big. for an example if u ask to me:

2GB 1066 MHZ
    vs
    4GB 667 MHZ

i will say go for 4GB. especialy iam talking for Vista. and as i experienced with 4870 this is the way, 4GB is a MUST for Vista if u r an enthusiast gamer, just in my oppnion. and this is matter of oppnion. my oppnions not/cant reflect reality. just my experiences with my current RIG.

krze, so we have a point. Vista 64.

Anarion; u r already @ 4Gb so in my oppinion if u dont mind/bother, stay @ that. just my oppinion.

Undying:16 GB? u must be kidding. Only 128GB of RAMS will make u satisfy man. Believe me.

offtopic. iam using firefox, why it is not spellcheck? i enabled it but it is not. it does my laptop on office. and this is an english version of Vista64.odd.

14. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    8 GB for vista? wow that seems like alittle much lol. ive think ive cracked 3.5gb usage like maybe once.

15. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    My mistake. I didnt realise that you only had 2 gig before, and now have 4 gig of the same speed. i thought that you had just bought a different make of the same speed and (and gig) as before.

My new ram should be here in the morning (saturday), i will post back my opinions.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Even with heatspeaders on them they're still that small?