I assume this performance difference is caused by memory timmings?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by PontiacGTX, Sep 3, 2019.

1. PontiacGTX

PontiacGTX Member

GPU:
    AMD
    I noticed that 19.8.1 drivers underperformed quite a bit but then I decided to run Aida 64 and I find out the bandwidth is running at half it should be... so i assume when flashing to a Vega 64 bios it will be just as the card with Hynix?

[​IMG]

2. stevin48

stevin48 Member

GPU:
    asus ares 5870x2
    sapphire nitro+ vega 64 does not like newer driver or mine dont the 19 .12.2 my core clocks dropped as have been each newer update the 19.12.2 my clocks were down avg 1100 mhz to 1300 mhz and mem dropping while temp only 63 c . and could not get to undervolt . uninstalled went back few drivers and got it up to 1500 mhz turbo . went back to amd driver 18.5.2 and on turbo my clocks tun above 1600 mhz again ITS THE DRIVERS amd . sapphire is core clock of 1630 mhz . the 18.5.2 driver you wont see mem bouncing up and down or the gpu core clock lowered . its rock solid . watch memory clock while bench using msi afterburner on the newer driver it dives as low as 500 mhz causing frame drops and studder on newer drivers

3. stevin48

stevin48 Member

GPU:
    asus ares 5870x2
    use afterburner watch gpu memory speeds while benching lower resolution on valley bench it cuts mem speed in have ppl say thats ok . but next run have wattman open to watch the performance graph newer driver will look crazy on newer driver on lower resolutions