I am having problems with RivaTuner, help, please!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Alexandru, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Alexandru

Alexandru New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    So today i kept getting an error with MSI Afterburner, it said "rivatuner statistics some system components cannot be hooked right now" i tried downloading RivaTuner 7.3.1 ([Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup731Build24485)
    And after I ran the program suddenly I kept getting the following error " The Exception Unknown Software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location (number based on program I think)
    I am scared to restart my pc knowing what it could do. Can anybody help me out and explain things, PLEASE!
    Most Windows applications do not work, such as Taskbar, windows settings and some other non-windows app like Opening Malewarebytes. It may not be from RivaTuner but it so happened to be right after i downloaded it, please help

2. Alexandru

Alexandru New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Nevermind i managed to fix it, i did Alt+f4 on the desktop choose sign out and put my password in, then i ran CMD as admin and i ran sfc/scannow. It found some corrupted files and fixed them, now it's all working fine. That is the fix for anyone wonderingg