I almost got pwned today...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Kyle, Nov 13, 2006.

1. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    So apparently there's a sign on my back that says "pwn me". When I went to pick up dinner for myself and my co-workers tonight, I was surprised to find a 250 lb jacked ~25 year old standing right by my car. He takes one look at me as I step out of the car and says "give me your ****ing wallet". I quickly look to see if he has any type of weapon on him but there was nothing to be found. I look up at him and say "I'm having a really ****ty day and I haven't eaten since last night, **** off." The look on his face was priceless as he stares at me in confusion. I quickly start walking to the Chinese restaurants and notice he is following very closely behind so I bolt for the door and close it behind me. As I'm paying he is standing outside staring at me. I try to tell the clerk that the guy outside tried to mug me and looks to be waiting for me. She then very rudely tells me to take my food and get out or she will call the cops. I glance and the dude is gone, look at the the clerk and say "awesome customer service, really...", proceed to bolt to my car and burn rubber out of the parking lot.

The funny thing is the trial for the carjacking 10 months ago is tomorrow morning. I guess I needed a reminder as to why I hate anyone I dont know :).

Oh and I forgot to add that as I was bolting to my car 2 kids in a jeep yell out their window "Hey, **** you!", so I shout back "Kill yourselves, please".

I dont know...lol...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    sounded fun. lol. i'da told the clerk to go ahead and call the cops.... least they woulda probably helped you with the dude trying to mug you if you told them that. even the cops woulda probably looked at the clerk thinking "wtf?"

3. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    If I was a religious man Kyle, I'd say that God is using you as his personal football. :p

I think it might be time for you to move.

4. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    If you are in the States it sounds like it is time to get yourself a concealed handgun permit and some training. At least get a can of pepper spray and take a basic class on how to use it. Next time you may not be so lucky.

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Being robbed (or being held hostage... :() sucks, so Im glad to see/read that youre alright. Start taking martial arts, theres a score of different ways to take down someone many times your size (you have speed!).

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Thats why i always carry with me the Police Sticks that they use. They help so much :p. Just get one of those retractable ones and you will be fine....unless they have a gun which is another story

[​IMG]

7. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Yeah, it's called an easily concealed short barreled carbine rifle. :D

8. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    I have 3 years of martial arts training. I'm a little rusty though. I'm not looking to have close combat with someone roughly 2x my size and strength though. I know where I'm beat and when to walk (or run) away. I was ready to defend myself regardless, but in that scenario, what would be the point in throwing the first punch?

This has inspired me to take up martial arts again. I've done Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do. I was thinking about kick boxing. I'd like to spar a little more than I had in previous lessons.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  9. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    wow man that really sucks im glad to hear that ur alright. a friend of mine was almost mugged and he was scared out of his mind.

10. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    PROTIP: Kittens. No one hits a guy wearing kittens.
    [​IMG]

11. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    LOL, bless the internet.

12. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Lol, I have never had something like that happen to me, but lucky i have a machete under my seat in my car, and a hammer under the passenger seat of the car

No one f's with me :D

13. Owlsphone

Owlsphone Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 490/1150
    Kyle, only you end up having stories like these. I'd say one day karma will catch up and you'll win the lottery or something. You heard it here first.

14. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    Kyle im sorry for you it seems that ur having a not so good time this year..maybe ur luck would change next year..pray for it its just one month away :)

15. Loki91

Loki91 Maha Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    ouch kyle.
    Infested Nexus is right - investing in kittens is an awesome way to defend yourself.

on a side note, i used to do tae kwon do as a little kid. got up to blue-red belt then i had to move so i never got the chance to pick it up again. :( forgot how to

16. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Really man, Krav Maga is the answer. One solid kick in the thigh and that 250lbs man would be lying on the ground throwing up.

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    heads_up:...... unless a cop pulls you over and searches your car for some reason. don't think a machete would count as a repair device.

Officer: "what exactly is this supposed to be for?"
    you: "uuuuuhhh........... *brain fart*"

or if someone else is in your car before you get in it.... say if you leave your doors unlocked due to the fact you think you'll be right back to your car.

I still say you shoulda let the clerk call the cops. not like the cop could do anything to you if you were in the restaurant due to fear for your life/safety/personal posessions. (unless the restaurant is known to serve some pretty awful food..... he might have recommended you running to a different location. lol)

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thats a bit phyco. In that situation I would have landed a kick (after he punched me) right in the groin and prevented him from further fertilisation.

19. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Ahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahhahhaha

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Yeah being Mugged aint that cool....

I got Held Up a last year...guy jumper over the counter while i was facing the other way...grabbed my from behind and put this butcher looking knife into my back....just enough not to pierce the skin, but was hurting pretty bad....when he grabbed me my frist reaction was " what the ****" out loud.....long story short...he got the money (about 700 aussie) and left....twas a very interesting encounter....will never forget it..police report was over 12 pages long:O...they ask so many questions...:S...then my boss made me goto a shrink....man do they ask questions...how do feel? What does it make you>? Angry??Do you have any regrets....

i just wanted to go back homw and play my computer....jeez..

Well theres my rant...:p