Hypoglycemia?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Nomadspy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Oh my god again some weird health issue :( Today while playing on my pc like from the nothing i started to starving and when tried to stand i barely walked to the kitchen.I was super weak.And my hands shake little bit.And when i ate after few minutes i was ok.Normally would not mind this because am quite tough but this is not the first time happens to me :mad: Most of the symptoms match the hypoglycemia so should i be worried could be lethal?I need to know because i haven't visited my doctor since 2008.If there is no danger to die i wont go :)

I know it's not medicine forum but who cares.Some of you might have this issue.
    HELP !

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Go. To. A. Doctor.

This is the pub on a tech forum not a hospital, I don't understand why people ask for medical advice here...

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    there is a danger to die

just go to a doctor

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    the hell man?? if I ever stood up after feeling hungry and felt weak like I couldn't walk I probably would have dialed 111.

Get that stuff checked. Could be just diet issues, the flu etc. Still best to get checked though.

We need a sticky saying any medical threads will have a user banned until they show proof they went to a doctor.

5. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    How long were you at the computer... because if you just sat there playing games for a couple of days without eating or drinking then I'm pretty sure I know why you felt weak. :p

Also go see a Doctor in person. I would never give medical advice without being able to see my new patient face to face. On a forum like this, it breaks patient doctor confidentiality, due care and diligence since I am not able to perform an assessment to an adequate standard. This is just not the place.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I have the same problem, I can not work 8 hours without eating or I start to get tired, weak and a really bad headache, it effects me at home as well. I eat before work, during work, and after.

Lately though it been worse. if I dont have a constant intake on sugar, I crash and fall asleep for couple hours,

7. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    No no am eating often or i'm not sure if 3big meals a day is often.Also running in the near forest at night.So my life is kinda healthy.Plus most of the food i eat is natural (maybe the half :D).Btwn is it too much to stay in front the pc 10 hours a day?

P.S Just told my mom and for my surprise she said she have the same problem.The more strange thing is she had this since i was born :( It seems like maybe it's not hypoglycemia.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  8. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Do you feel tired every day even if you sleep a lot?Because i'm like this.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    ^yeah

10. nodo

nodo Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT260
    It's not lupus

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's never lupus

12. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Sounds like diabetes OP. Go to the doctors.

13. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Hypo hey.. i assume you are not diabetic.

I am and i get hypos now and then (low blood sugar)

If your blood sugar is dropping to the point that you are weak etc then that is VERY bad and yea you should go see your doc.

If blood sugar drops to low you will fall unconscious and with out immediate help you will die.

Hypos are dangerous..

If my blood sugar drops to about 3mmol (normal rage is 4 to 8) then i feel weak and tired

14. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Can i ask how often happens to you because i get this around 3 or 4 times a month (started this year) and usually before eat.And what are you doing to prevent this annoying condition.I really don't want to eat sweet all time because i hate it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Not really unless the situation you are in at the time can cause you to die. Your body will release stored sugar in the form of glycogen which in most cases will be more than enough to get you out of trouble the result is a hang over style headache once you come fully round but you would have to overdose on insulin or starve yourself, chances are you would die of dehydration long before though.

Eat foods that contain complex carbohydrates, these are sugars that are absorbed slowly in to the blood stream and thus give sustained energy release as opposed to refined simple sugars which are absorbed quickly and usually result in a sugar crash.

16. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Well your body needs sugar.

I just make sure i eat well. If i check my blood sugar level and lets say it was at 4.5mmol and this was before lunch, I would usally eat just a sandwitch but 4.5 is getting low so i would have something sweet like chocolate as well to boost my blood sugar.

It seems to me that you are just not eating enough.

Can i suggest adding more carbs to your diet and see if that helps you out.

17. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Not if he is diabetic... cant just leave it and hope the body dose that. As i diabetic i can say 100% that this is not the case.

If my blood sugar drops to low and I dont do anything and there is no one about to help... im screwed.

18. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Yes i could try new diet and start eating more often.I'm not diabetic btwn and don't know for any relatives that have.Oh and today before happens this i ate lots of sugar.The whole breakfast was like 75% sugar and after this i made myself cup of coffee with sugar a lot sugar.lol

@The Laughing Ma
    Maybe that is the reason too much just sugar.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    He isn't a diabetic though is he? If he is he's the first diabetic I've ever heard of who is undiagnosed and suffers from low blood sugar.

I would still disagree with you though. Modern insulins you would have to be doing something massively stupid to actually kill yourself, to actually overcome the bodies get out of jail free card, glycogen release. Back in the day, the early pig insulins it was very possible to get it wrong and I experienced that twice during my youth. Then again everyone is different so if you don't think the glycogen release would work for you then fair dos.

20. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    [​IMG]