Hypnosis - Anyone know if this stuff actually helps?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saifz, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    Hypnosis or hypnotherapy

i was wandering around some forums for tips for confidence and stuff and i came across this. You are supposedly supposed to listen to it for a couple of days when ur relaxed and stuff and it can help motivate u and build confidence. Not really sure if it works or not but im gonna give it a try. Would like some opnions on it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hypnotherapy-Supreme-Confidence-Paul-Mckenna/dp/B00002MVA0

here is the one you can listen to/ download
    https://soundcloud.com/whiteranger/supremeselfconfidence

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hypnosis is fake

Only weak minded people believe in it

Even the guys who say they can hypnotise people say "It will only work if you believe it will work"

Unfortunately that is not how REAL things work

---

If you're lacking in confidence, ask your doctor to hook you up with some groups / meetings for building confidence

Don't let scammers take your money with hypnosis rubbish

Psychic, Medium, Hypnosis, Gypsies readings, Taro cards, they all fall into the same category

Category 1: BullS**t

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Hypnosis is Real.....

[​IMG]

Told Ya!....:)

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not worth it man, if your feel like your at a point where you need help, then the best thing would be to go the legit way and see a councilor (not the political type) or Therapist.

But look at this way:
    Lack of confidence is that self doubt part of the mind that really is just there to mess with you, like that "friend" who always talking **** about you behind your back but is nice to your face.

Ignore it, and take note that if you keep giving it the time of day, you'll look back when your older and realize that you didnt do a whole lot of awesome stuff just because a silly little voice in your head said your not worth anyones time or what have you.

Pain is reasonable, physical/mental, its real, but self doubt is just a lie we tell ourselves as an excuse to not step outside our comfort zone.

FTW dude, just do you and dont worry about what others think, its not their life at the end of the day is it.

Guru3d is you friend, peace.

@Airbud....link please.:D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

5. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hypnosis first of all is a true thing. It's not "magic tricks" or "illusions" with a secret behind it. Watch some master hypnosis such as Derren Brown, who don't necessarily put people to sleep to be able to manipulate them. This or this might enlightened you on the subject a bit more.

However to do hypnosis on yourself is an entirely different thing, the ones you gave the links to have a very minimal chance of working, if it works at all. I wouldn't recommend it.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

You need a Hug.....

[​IMG]

After the Hug...

1-Build a new computer...
    2-Meet a new Girl(got to get out though)....
    3-Meet new friend's......

4-Alway's Remember....Look out for You.........

Good Luck
    airbud7-:cheers:

7. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    McKenna is a showman!
    You'd be better off listening to Derren Brown. ;)

8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You won't get confident by you running after it. Rather make confidence running after you.

In my experience, confidence consists of independence and dedication.
    By independence, we could start from taking care of our own.
    By dedication, we could start from doing something that will like to do (and hopefully helpful for others).

9. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    It works as in they could get you to talk about some of your sht, or revive some experiences.

But it doesn't helps you because you remember nothing, the (lack of)experience doesn't helps you.

That's why psychologists prefer cognitive therapy and such, because it helps you to work through your issues.

10. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    A friend of mine quit smoking after three sessions of hypnotherapy. He said it did remove his craving to smoke.

However, he went back to smoking after about six months so in the end it was a fail.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    In the end its the will of the people. i quit smoking with 10 people through laser therapy. im the only one that didnt start again.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

It's called a Placebo

13. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Maybe so. All I know is what he told me.

I do know that old habits can be really hard to break.

Like WhiteLightning said, it's all about willpower.

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    It works for some people and not others no problem in giving it a try, if you feel down have a wank and keep it up until your mind is on somewhere else.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hypnosis clearly works, lacking the understanding on how something works does not mean it's fake.
    Whether you go to a person who is a fraud or not, that is another thing altogether.

It's only common sense, as human beings we are all suggestible in some way or another, some alot more than others, advertising is the best example of this and you wouldn't see companies spending billions of dollars every year if they didn't think they could influence us to like, or dislike something.

16. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    At my company's Christmas party last year they hired a professional hypnotist. He wasn't having good luck with anybody except for a woman I work with, who he got mumbling row, row, row your boat and making random animal noises. She's not really the kind of person that would do those things normally (she's in her early 60's), let alone in front of 50 people. She wasn't too far inebriated as far as I know either.

That being said, it's completely possible she just believed it was going to work so much that it actually did. Or it's possible that it just works on some people and not others, depending on who they are in general and in what state of mind they're in. The mind is a powerful tool, more complex than I can ever hope to comprehend, so I'll just cop out and say anything is possible. :)

17. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Here's what the Mayo clinic says about it:

By Mayo Clinic staff
    Hypnotherapy can be an effective method for coping with stress and anxiety. In particular, hypnosis can reduce stress and anxiety before a medical procedure, such as a breast biopsy.
    Hypnosis has been studied for other conditions, including:
    • Pain control. Hypnosis may be beneficial for pain associated with cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, temporomandibular joint problems, dental procedures and headaches.
    • Hot flashes. Hypnosis may relieve symptoms of hot flashes associated with menopause.
    • Behavior change. Hypnosis has been used with some success in the treatment of insomnia, bed-wetting, smoking, obesity and phobias.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Call of duty

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    1-2-3 freddy is coming for me..

if freddy is after you, avoid hypnosis. :devil:

20. llerenaprincipe