1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Those pictures remind me of The Day After Tomorrow movie without the ice, damn.

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    that's pretty bad, and the timing couldn't be worse with all the political drama going on. hope they can recover like japan did, or the east coast seems to be screwed. would rather not see a new orleans v2.

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Woah first screen reminds me of Fallout! Looks bad! Rip to those who died! Speedy recovery to america!

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Blimey, also reminded me of Fallout.
    I hope help gets to those in trouble fast.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    No electricity since Monday and I'm hearing a Monday estimate. Every stoplight is off so I assume everything's green lol

6. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Thoughts are with those on the East Coast. Stay safe and hopefully power will be restored soon. What's going to take a really long time IMO is the subway system to get back working well. Being flooded with salt water is not good, not good at all.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    My wife has a fried who lives on Long Island. She was told it will be a minimum of 10 days for those people and longer for the ones further up the island.

8. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

Transit systems will first priority. The city is loosing like $20 million a day those busses and trains arent moving.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Tommy be safe man i hope you get some power back soon its getting chilly at night.
    I have job set up tomorrow trying to pump out 160 basement units in a condo in bayone.
    How about the gas lines right now? its like a 2 hour wait if you can find a station open that is.
    specking of gas lines
    Was just getting a house or two cleaned up in the tuckerton nj (58 gsp)area since its alot of houses there with lagoons of coarse they got messed up. but the news is fires just broke out around 6pm still early news but more then one fire is going.
    You dont have to go far from here to have houses just gone like union beach cliffwood beach
    I have to get some rest
    we from jersey sorta like the coney island folks...are tough as nails but i'm getting to old for this sit :)

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well buses have been free alot in some areas but they are packed full

11. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I know they were free for a certain time. But not sure when they are goiong to start charging people again.

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300

[​IMG]

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Makes you think, if states struggle now, i wonder how the hell small poor countries cope?!

14. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    They're more centralized so probably slightly better (excluding the whole "poor" bit...obviously they have a harder time :(). America is a pretty large country, I always forget how big it is until I try to compare it to another continent.

15. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    depends on where you are in the city. I am staying 10 min away from JFK and I haven't had any issues at all. No power loss, no internet loss, shops are open, roads have been dry since yesterday, few fallen trees once every 5 blocks if any. I went to work in Long Island on Monday (half day) and Wednesday. I drive 40 miles one way for work and all has been fine. Lot of people staying on LI do not have power though. And getting into Manhattan is a real epic pain.

All depends on where you are. Some people have lost a lot unfortunately but its nothing on the scale of 'day after tomorrow'. Its amazing how people and the authorities are bringing up the city again. Be safe everyone.

16. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I am very sorry to see how much damage the Hurricane Sandy brought.
    Please, stay safe and take good care of each others.

gonna send some donations to American Red Cross.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No juice yet and no gas to goto work either. And to. Biggest problem a few days ago was on the fence of a couple 680s. Lol

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    My boss was up by you today he said it was overwhelming effected area

That sucks about the power,around here still power out for 2/3 of the people.
    Gas? you kidding? lines like the mid 70's out the wazu(3-4 hr wait) and all gas stations that do have Gas/power have to have them under POlice all the time since tempers flair easy around here.
    the guys at work filled up the gas caddies we have, down south jersey with no waits..so i took some to drive to work and back (1/2 mile total) till next week when it gets sorta normal

Just take it slow safe you will get there and hope you get back to normal soon.

The 680's can wait
    just use mine if you want i told you already,that boost crap gets old fast :)

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just got the juice back

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    [​IMG]

Let there be light :)