Hunted The Demons Forge

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ShadowDuke, Jun 1, 2011.

1. brubaker

brubaker New Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290 4G D5
  2. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    The game looks horrible anyway.

3. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    it's not to bad gets better aS you get further in the game

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    An alternative way to force AA in this game (there's a profile set up already for it in the v275.xx drivers), which allows you to still use the Game Explorer shortcut *and* bypass the need to have the disc in the drive if you've bought the retail version like myself is to do the following:

1. Go to the game's Binaries/Win32 folder and rename the existing HUNTED.EXE file to HUNTED.BAK.EXE (or something so you have a backup should there be a patch for the game).
    2. Next copy the P4DFTRE.DLL file there and rename this copy to HUNTED.EXE.
    3. Finally, add the HUNTED.EXE file to the NVIDIA game profile using NVIDIA Inspector and set what AA you want (4xMSAA with Transparency Multisampling seems the sweet spot for me with Ambient Occlusion forced to Quality).
    4. You can now load the game as normal from the Game Explorer icon, since it is still called HUNTER.EXE, and it also bypasses the disc protection meaning that you don't have to leave the disc in the drive.

5. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Rubbish, maybe on your set-up.

It's a lovely looking game... huge great rotten dungeons, and big destroyed cities. Looks stunning in places considering it's the old Unreal Engine at work.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @eiren - Each to their own and all that but Hunted looks very ordinary to me most of the time with the odd nice view now and again.

The use of UE3 leads to some very flat lighting (just compare it with, say, The Witcher 2 for example), shadowing is poor throughout, foliage/grass is pixellated, NPC models use low-poly counts (check out the PS2-quality of the skeletons' rib-cages for example!!!), there are invisible barriers all over the place, rocks you can clip into (?!?), gaps in the scenery and it doesn't help that the art design is bland and uninspired either. Workmanlike is how I'd describe them overall; not truly terrible but not great either. It rarely makes me want to stop and admire the surroundings like other prettier games (to do so just reveals all the flaws IMO).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  7. shaithis

shaithis Guest

It isn't visually stunning in the slightest, it's extremely linear, the first couple of areas are quite drab to look at and the game play is pretty basic.....but for some odd reason I am playing it more then anything else at the moment......it's so playable it becomes addictive.

Sat in front of the big plasma with an XBox360 controller seems perfect for it (I guess you could say the same for so many console ports though)

The campaign seems fairly long for a modern game as well.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Game bored the living hell out of me... story line is rubbish (I have no idea who these characters are, was there other games in the "Hunted" franchise?). The gameplay is basically Gears Of War with a more fantasy tone. The environments where ripped directly out of Wolverine Origins, and given a lick of paint here and there. Performance is excellent though as is literally all UE3 games.

Overall game get a 2/10 from me, lol played about 2 hours of it. Insanely easy even on hardest difficulty (this is coming from The Witcher 2 though lol). Graphics are dull, story is uninteresting. It gets a 1 for performance and another 1 cause I could see coop being quite fun. Other than that it has nothing else going for it.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    That's why you never gonna write reviews for game magazines...