Huge problem with my graphics card

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by lovac1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. lovac1

lovac1 New Member

GPU:
    R9 270 OC/2GB
    Hello guys,

In last few months I have problem with my graphics card! During updating drivers screen is going totally black and only way to fix it is to delete all updates in safe mode then restart. I was trying all methods on other forums and YouTube tutorials but still cant update my drivers for my GPU because I am getting same problem again and again, when I was using AMD clean tool it has reported me that it has problem, but it didnt showed what I have.

I know I have now little old GPU, but still it can handle to play new games, but I dont know is it mechanical failure or failure to AMD drivers?

My GPU : https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-dual-x-r9-270-oc-battlefield-4.b2632

Thank You

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Hello mate,
    most likely your card is dying. Can you try the graphic card in other PC if possible?

3. lovac1

lovac1 New Member

GPU:
    R9 270 OC/2GB
    Hi,my friends also said that GPU is dying,but I still believe is any way I can fix this :( . Unfortunately I dont have other PC so I cant test it!

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    If you can't test it on other PC, you can try to bake it in the oven, that is the of course last option to save the card and not safest one.
    Check the google for the instructions.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    When I had this problem a long time back with my R9 290, I ended up loading a very old backup of Windows and that resolved it. The only other option I had was to start from scratch with a new Windows install.

See what happens with a new Windows install on a spare hard drive to see if it is fixable, your problem might be different to mine.
    If that doesnt work, try (on your normal Windows) using a different version bios if there is one, or one from another similar 270 gfx card.

These are all the available bios for the 270, choose one carefully of similar performance to your own or slower (to be sure you can at least boot Windows with it).
    A newer bios than the one you have is preferable.
    Each time you install a different bios, Windows will install the driver for it again and you need to reboot. If it doesnt quite work right after that, manually re-install the driver.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...el=R9+270&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=
    You can narrow the selection down further.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    gmavignier likes this.
  6. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti Max-Q
    I was about to reply that. Windows might missbehave in weird ways sometimes. A clean install is always a good option even if it takes some time.

7. suty455

suty455 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    did you set the windows settings to NOT automatically install drivers for hardware, if you dont it will just auto install during start up and can cause real issues with corrupted drivers, normally I find its a windows issue rather than drivers, what version of windows are you on?