Huge news on the nv40

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ArChAnGeLv7, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    Apparently the nv40 was too weak to beat out the r420, so nvidia canned the nv40 and went with the nv45, deja vu isnt it? At least the nv40 didnt hit the market like the 5800 ultra did...but man, talk about idiots, now it's gonna take longer for it to come out, and ati will have a great edge on nvidia since their card will def be out first now. (ala 9700 pro all over again)

EDIT: I guess a link would help http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14749

2. MCH01

MCH01 Guest

Another great article by Fuad "I make it up as I go along" Abazovic of the Inquirer.
    The amount of different configurations they have said the NV40 will have, I'm sure one of them will be right.
    I for one will wait and see, when it is finally released, then buy one anyway.

3. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Likewise...

4. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    He doesn't even give his sources, I don't trust it.

5. You run an ATI card. Why do you care what NVidia does? Instead of trying to show how much better (in your estimation anyway, not mine) ATI is by posting unsubstantiated 'news' about the
    premature death of the NV40, why don't you just pull your Radeon out of your case and hug it and kiss it and call it George, make a little place next to you in bed for it with it's on ESD protection bag for a blanket and a ESD protection bubble bag for a pillow and call it a day?

I despise ATI, never had ANY luck with their cards, and I won't buy them. Period. I'll buy an XGI or Savage card first, and for those who say something about that, yeah, I'd rather have a card that will work issue free out of the box than a supposedly great card that I have to RMA 4 times before I get a working one (and that's happened to me MORE than once with ATI cards...screw them).

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Spoken like an effing FANBOY!!!:p :p Why do you take it so personally?! You've got shares in nV, is that it?!:mad: Fricking fanboy!!!:mad:

7. JRS

JRS Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 6800GT @ 380, 1050
    LOL, I love how both sides of this age-old argument are just as bad as each other, yet can't acknoweledge it at all. Great fun to watch.

You must always take what the Inquirer says with a truckload of salt. Why don't we all just wait and see that the goddamn manufacturers say, huh? Then we might actually get the full story.

8. Actually, you don't see me going into ATI's forum and trashing them. The person came here to post his "Look how NVidia is screwing up now" link. If you like ATI, Great for you. I don't like them and I have good reason. Not a fanboy in the least.
    I personally don't care if you want a Triton VGA card, if that's what works for you. However, I'm sick of ATI users
    touting their cards superiority.

This is my 'fanboy' statement: You use what you like and shut up. Leave the other side alone.

9. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    First off, I also own a 5900 nu, second, Im not a biased gamer like yourself, I look for the best product. Right now Ati has the best product, so thats whats in my system, the nv40 sounds very promising, so I was simply supplying this forum with news...news which states the nv40 will be taking more time to develop, which in return lets ati be the first to have a new gpu hit the market, right? So then how am I a fanboy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.