Huge Mars announcement today! Mars HAS flowing water!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Keitosha, Dec 6, 2006.

1. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    lol bro do you have a tumor or something? Water means that there is a possibility that Mars could sustain life.. Since they "found" water, we think there is a possibility that there might actually be life on other planets, which means "aliens.." Go drink some, I think you might be DEHYDRATED

2. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    aliens would be a good thing
    i mean with all the planets in all the galaxies it would be a total waste if were the only intellegent life form
    i mean there has to be something somewhere tht is more advanced thn us
    and besides who do u think tought those damn egyptions how to build pyramids

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Its the end of the world, attack the water with nukes and kill them all b4 thay evolve into martions, even though it will take them a few million years.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    And then happens the same thing as in Alien versus Predator movie? That sounds llike, that you like it? :) IMO it's good movie.

I wan't to go swimming to Mars!!!

5. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    POV8800GT512MB/Dell U2410
    are you able to talk without offending people? I'm simply trying to tell you that a bacteria is not an alien, some bacterias have been found also on meteors but there's a difference (in most of cases) between a single-cell form of life and a complex one.

6. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    time for space colonization

7. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    Hmm, last I checked an alien is:
    a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere. This means that the normal locale is somewhere else, that a species or specimen exceptionally has been established in the area in question.

So lets see. A bacteria is a form of life. Check.

Maybe lives on Mars. Check.

Sounds to me like an alien.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  8. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    OMG I'm not talking about the dictionary definition, Supatitanman is happy because we have aliens on Mars, that maybe is true under a literal point of view but I suppose we're far from seeing flying soucers from Mars driven by a complex form of life. I agree this is a great discover, anyway this doesn't change that much my life and my chances to meet Aliens as they're commonly called. Proofs that extraterrestrial bacterias exists have been discovered years and years ago in some meteors fallen in the Artic, where some basic forms of life have been found, some weeks ago a satellite catched bacterias from the gas of a comet, this means that basic forms of life can exist in very unprobable conditions, but again we are very far from saying Hallo to an intelligent being. Hope it is clear now.

9. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    I'm not interested in aliens right now. What I'm interested in right now is why alma waited over a month to continue this.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wee hoo this is awsome!

11. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    I simply forgot this thread :)

12. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    What's even more amazing, is that without water this thread came back to life!