Huge FPS boost on UE3 games with Mining Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Xylber, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Xylber

Xylber New Member

GPU:
    HD7750
    I tried the AMD mining driver:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...eta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

And I got a surprinsingly huge FPS boost on a couple of Unreal Engine 3 games: Rocket League and Bioshock Infinite.
    I also tried Senua's Sacrifice (Unreal Engine 4), but got 2% less FPS than Crimson-ReLive-17.8.2

PC specs where I tested:
    Windows 7
    16gb ram
    AMD 270 XFX (270, no "x" version)
    2700k i7

Method:
    I tried diferent drivers by uninstalling with "Display Driver Uninstaller" on safemode, and rebooting after each install. Tried 3 times, and I always got the boost with the mining drivers.

Can you help me to confirm?

2. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    What do you see as 'a huge boost'?

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB
    Thats what I am wondering. He is basically using a HD 7870.
    Other then Bioshock Inifnite, Most U3 games are no where taxing. Unless somehow he is trying to run 120hz with 7870 in U3 games I dont see a huge FPS boost happening unless he is having a driver issue with new drivers before mining driver.

4. Xylber

Xylber New Member

GPU:
    HD7750
    I had this discussion before in other forum. Just let me now if you actually tried it.

5. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
    What you could do is do some benchmarking to show us as that would give way more details than just "HUGE BOOST" this way, we can actually see what you mean and it would show some data for us to look at. It's not to saying we don't believe you as I have seen some drivers bring some nice improvements, but without any data to show this claim it doesn't help.

Bioshock has a built in Benchmarking tool too, so give us a test on both sets of drivers and see what other games you can test for us and see what you get.

6. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Define huge boost OMG so useless thread to be honest. Numbers please. Even though a special driver can't be better than a gaming one. Maybe you should run these benchmarks of your more than 1 time(s) to confirm anything.