HTC One - Unboxing Video

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by freeZ, Mar 18, 2013.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Used to be 24 months here as well many years ago, until they passed a law that prohibits anything more than 12 months. It's really for the best - being stuck in a contract for 2 whole years is nuts.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I do. And it is definitely a great phone.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    12 month contracts must be expensive I guess?

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Glad you love it. Any CASE or protector ON Screen?

The screen is more fingerprint proof than Xperia z and bb z10. Loving it.

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I never run any phone with a case or screen protector, especially not this one.

As for the fingerprint resistance, it is definitely better than any phone I've owned, but that's just the oleophobic coating on the screen, and that will wear away relatively quickly.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    wear? damn..if it happens i may look at this phone as = cheap. i paid more than iphone 5 and S4 and Xperia z to this. well , just 25 euros more but still. expecing much interms of quality.

i know the USER side problems may occur like if i split some kind of acidic stuff i may expect that kind of issues.

once i saw in a phone forum that, a guy was talking about how 920 lumia back is wearing. it was crazy, iam nearly %100 sure that he touched it with some kind of liquid/ acidic or other stuff.

in here when i look for second hand cars i see the steering wheel or the clutch itself looks worn off. i understand that the user put some sht in his/her hand and then touch the thing. and in time this happens. like it happens in constructions too.

i mean the house wifes, stupidly spill high volume of acidic cleaning products to ground and the material which holds the ceramics together wears off..this is comon. but no, they blame construction quality. stupid people.

anyway, i keep my hands clean, and dont use those Cologne type products, they r not friendly with other things u touch.

i ordered a fingerprint film for Xperia Z yesterday morning, and it is a necessary product for Z, i also have on my Z10 BB's screen. But HTC ONE, no need. such good screen.

and u know, about view angles; it is better than Z SONY too. dont know S4 AMOLED but i , myself, dont look at my phone from ODD angles anyway :)

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It won't appear visibly worn, it will just allow more fingerprints over time. Basically every phone has this problem. Just add an oleophobic screen protector and you'll be fine again.

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, not really. Competition is fierce between a bazillion carriers so prices didn't really increase AFAIK when the law passed. But it's been probably... 10 years since that happened, so. I haven't been on a contract for years, I like being free to change carrier/plan whenever I feel like it. I am however considering going for a 12 month contract with my current carrier with the same plan as I already have to get the One cheaper. I just don't like being tied down.

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's one part of my country I'm thankful for, no contracts.

There are no telecom and internet contracts, you can cancel whenever you want with no penalties. In addition, you are able to transfer your number between carriers at will, you own the number, not them. You pay on a month by month basis.

What's really awesome is that this has induced fierce competition.

My own plan right now is $17 per month for the first six months, and $28 flat fee thereafter. I get unlimited calls, unlimited text, unlimited MMS, unlimited internet (HSPA+ speeds), unlimited international calls (both landline and mobile) and free national roaming.

Before this law passed, I was paying double for a mere 500 min a month, limited SMS and no internet or international.

Competition is freakin brilliant.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I don't know where everyone gets off on contracts and how terrible they are. Every US carrier offers contractless plans.

The reason no one ever uses them is because you don't get a nice new shiny phone for a tiny amount at the beginning.

If you want, there are tons of US services that will give you a nice rate if you buy your phone outright.

2 year contracts are competition, not the lack of them. They're another option.

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It really depends on how you are handling your phone's charging. I never charge my phones through PC or Cars. I only charge through car when I don't have a choice, but that rarely happens because I never leave home without having my phone completely charged.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Even then they deteriorate, no matter how you charge it.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sad

HTC Q1 Profits Fall 98% Despite The HTC One Launch

http://pocketnow.com/2013/05/02/htc-q1-profits-fall

look a comment

[​IMG]

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    The One wouldn't show up on Q1, but the advertising would. The title of that article is atrocious. If I were an editor, and someone brought that to me, I'd crumple it up and light it on fire.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol. i love your style.

and in Turkey HTC one makes a little AD. samsung is so aggressive in ADs. They are making people to believe that S4 is the most innovative thing ever. unbelievable.

but Iphone 5 is the product that every one is carrying at hand. which i hate . i mean i hate to use a product if everyone is using it.

while i was carrying BB Z10 , it was attractive. many people were asking what is that etc. HTC ONE is getting same attention. some people call it Iphone 5 copy but i dont care.

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Samsung is one of the biggest tech companies in the world, they can afford gigantic ad campaigns; HTC can probably not. That's why you're seeing the S4 everywhere. It's the same here, although the One has gotten rave reviews everywhere. People don't read reviews though, they buy whatever's hot. I hope the One sells so well that it helps HTC stay afloat.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah man well said about HTC, people are earning hardly their lives already. and competition always pushes innovation progress far.

by the way, ONE is new here. likje 1 week old but no way to find a cover or any other accessories. But S4, god; every kind of sill thing about it :) . dont need to tell about IP5. third parties are eager to produce high demanded products accessories. Poor HTC.

The phone iam holding is (one) feels so premium. why cant get a market share HTC. yeah not alone ONE is enough to catch the competition but still.

Even if samsung was doing on mobile market, they have other stuffs to support it.. HTC doenst have another product other than MOBILE phones as i know. i hope they are doing better in their countries. Taiwan it is? yeah.

edit: Nice online shopping site has two invisible shields for HTC ONE

Zagg shield. 1 for FRONT other product is front and back. good.

http://www.hepsiburada.com/liste/za...TC%5cu0020ONE&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    right, I've seen this noticed a few times, it seems like HTC quality control is way off atm, reading various forums etc... this is what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOu5oXpjVQ

any of you guys having this issue?

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Thanks for the link. It will help our fellow gurus if purchasing an HTC One, will be looking out for similar defects. Bad quality control, certainly for the 1st batch.