HP Unveils the World's Thinnest Laptop at 10.4mm

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    HP raised the bar for the premium PC experience with the debut of the new HP Spectre, the world's thinnest laptop. The HP Spectre and new premium portfolio were showcased alongside the results of the...

HP Unveils the World's Thinnest Laptop at 10.4mm

2. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    Wow, good thing for HP people were only buying Macbooks for their thinness.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Does anyone actually care about thinness in a device? I'd give up thinness any day for a larger battery or more easily replaceable/repairable parts. That's why I'd never consider something along the lines of a MacBook Air, it's simply not repairable.

In cell phones it especially pisses me off how much battery life they sacrifice for thinness while the stupid camera sticks out beyond the body anyway. Give me a bigger battery any day. I'm sure Apple are going to go full Apple and make their next iPhone even thinner by removing the 3.5mm jack and making headphones connect through a proprietary adapter.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I think its getting quite ridiculous for the sake of the marketing...

For work I use a 2011 macbook that is 1" thick I think this is quite a practical size. Thinner not always better.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I personally can't care less, I would easily take 12.5" notebook with thickness of 3cm. As long as there would be APU with TDP fully configurable by user (preferably on the fly). With this thickness you fit very good cooling in smaller area as fins are taller.
    And you can even have SSD or two, right above/below MB as there is space. And then Ton's of Space for Battery. Because if it has to be heavy, I want that weight to work for me in form of Battery capacity.

People do not need optical drives these days. I used BR drive only once in my desktop, just to test that it works.

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The screen is too small and I would never buy a PC without an optical drive.