How to turn off AF in CCC?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by madlax, Sep 6, 2009.

1. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Trying to get some benchmarking done with "NoAA" and "NoAF" in Crysis 1.2.1 here but...

4870 using 9.8 (Hotfix) under Windows 7 here... How do I turn off AF completely? In CCC, if I uncheck the box "use application settings", the least AF available is 2X :( Is there anyway I can force it off? :bang:

2. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    Check 'use application settings'. If the game doesn't support no AF, then well you're outta luck.

3. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Go to your standard setting tab and move the slider away from quality to performance. It matters not however, if you select 'application controlled' and in game select no AA, you will have well, no AA.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    AF can't be adjusted in Crysis (at least via the GUI)

5. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    That`s the thing... I`m supposed to turn AF outside Crysis GUI. I can turn it off easily on a nVidia card but not on CCC. :bang:

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    From my understanding whenever Crysis uses POM, AF is disabled by default. POM is usually on by default unless it was turned off. However, if you want to disable both POM and AF you have to 1st disable POM then enabled AF through the use of autoexec.cfg with:
    con_restricted = 0
    r_usePOM = 0
    r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 0

placed in the Cyrsis sub-directory if I remember correctly. However, people use this type of tweak to use 16x AF over POM. Needless to say you leave CCC's AF on Use Application Settings.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009