How to throttle cores up and down?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Ph@ntom, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    At default, I can get 3.8Ghz out of the 2 cores of my 550BE chip. But when I unlock the 2 extra cores in the BIOS, the max I can get out of all 4 is 3.5Ghz. I just cant go any higher as it result in crashes.

I've played around with the calibration settings in the BIOS but it doesn't seem to work. Basically all I wanna do is this: Clock the 2 best cores to 3.8 and the 2 not so good ones to 3.5Ghz. Can anyone provide me a detailed way to do this? Is it even possible? Also, what program in win7 can I use to check all the core's speed? CPUID doesn't show it. The dropdown box for the cores is greyed out. Thanx, all help appreciated ;)

2. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti
    hi mate, if your just wanting to ramp up the multipliers for individual AMD cores then K10Stat should work, also can set up profiles for custom p-states >>>>> http://sites.google.com/site/k10stat/ . . . i use this very handy app to change the cpu-nb vid and other options i have no access to within my bios, but am able to change via that app :)

hope this helps mate :)
    blackthesoul

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010