How to set res at tv-out ...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Webwiper, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    I have an Asus x850xt. I use the 6.1 drivers without CCC but with ati-traytools. My pc-screenres is 1280 x 1024, but when I connect the tv it doesn't fit the screen. The screen moves when I move to the right hand corner (as if the background is bigger than the screen). What can I do to prevent this (to make the screen fit).

thx

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, your restricted to 640x480 as the lowest, and 800x600 next up, british tv is between there at like 512 or something.

I don't think you can set the resolution of your tv independant to your monitor, but if you switch to only tv out, then you should be able to just set that.

Oh, if this is just for watching videos I think XVid did fullscreen on both outputs, I saw it on a friends pc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I can set my resolutions different for each dislay what you have turned on is a panning mode..becuase the TV cannot display that size so it'll pan around...
    easiest way to change each is to right click the desktop gotot settings..then you have the two boxes representing two monitor/tv's click one and it'll show what it's set to ..click the other and the same thing..try that and see if it works..