How to see and hear HDR + YouTube + NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dfsdfs1112, Dec 19, 2019.

1. dfsdfs1112

dfsdfs1112 Active Member

GPU:
    How to see and hear HDR + YouTube + NVIDIA+Samsung Screen 65 "Q9FN + Questions

I watched the HDR in chrome and did not like the quality!
    Until I was taught here how to watch HDR
    https://bit.ly/2S6HGrH

to see HDR YouTube 4K60FPS ~ 80mb
    I need a browser Edge + NVIDIA video card like 1050TI and Above

i am trying to watch HDR on EDGE + open HDR Driver in the win 10 ! In front of chrome > EDGE win
    sharper picture
    Excellent screen movement

It is unclear why the sound in a home theater system 6500 denon is so much better with edge than Chrome .
    I expected to see better, but hear much better?
    It's lucky ? and on youtube ?

Questions:
    Does NVIDIA GPU have PlayReady 3.0?
    why not Chrome? Mozilla? Opera? Why don't they have a suitable driver?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yes.

No other browser has a widevine implementation that includes a hardware port.

3. dfsdfs1112

dfsdfs1112 Active Member

GPU:
    what hardware port ?
    browser Edge It's software only

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've noticed Edge is really good for playing HDR content as well. Chrome did it well also, but I stopped using Chrome a while back so I can't comment on that anymore. For now if I want to view HDR Youtube I dust off Edge and use that.

I just wish HDR implementation would evolve to where we didn't have to use specific browsers or switch Windows HDR "on" and the content would just play correctly when viewing from an HDR screen.. however I know that's probably not a simple or feasible solution at the moment. One can only wish..

6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    I'm not sure if it is still the case but Netflix specifically said you need Edge + Intel (Kaby Lake 7th gen or newer) to watch their 4k HDR content on PC (because DRM). Microsoft also specifically applies the "HDR enabled" setting to Edge for Youtube+Netflix (other browsers either don't check if you have HDR on, or havent built support for it yet).

Google probably just doesn't care about HDR in Chrome. I would guess that the percentage of users who have 4k HDR screens connected to their PC is too low for them to bother.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it is still the case that edge or the netflix app are the only ones supporting netflix 4k

but geforce cards can now be used in place of intel igp's.

8. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti FE
    I tried the netflix app a while back and it was outputting 4k HDR via 2080ti. From what i remember there was a lot of banding so I just use the TV app now (also better for DV support). I imagine the banding has been fixed as I tested this late 2018.

9. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce 2080ti
    True High Dynamic Range itself doesn't play a part in anything audio. Audio is a separate process.

The TV has to support HDR 10bit or 10bit+ gamut as does the source material being played back on a device that also supports it....whether Blu-Ray or streaming, etc.

Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos (not source dependent), HDR10/HLG, THX Select/Ultra, IMAX Enhanced, DTS X, etc, etc. will yield the most intense experience....providing you have a receiver, Atmos height spkrs, Blu-Ray Player w/ those features, THX Speakers (or not) and source material to playback.

I have my Onkyo TX-RZ1100 hooked up to my 65" QDOT screen and PC and whoa!! Klipsch speakers and other goodies make for a kick booty gaming experience....especially when you set the receiver to THX Gaming mode or other DSP enhanced Gaming mode.

Tim
    ARS N9NU