1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save custom resolutions

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MaLDo, Dec 13, 2016.

1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Hi, I have 10 custom resolutions (for downsampling and to force different refreshrates) and I have to re-create one by one every time I install a new driver version.

Is there a way to save/load those resolutions?

Does CRU fix this problem?

2. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    have you tried creating a new custom resolution, and then doing a windows search by file date modified? should help tracking the file that is modified with custom resolution data.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    CRU does allow you to export your modifications to a file, which you can then import again after driver updates.

However, CRU is an EDID editor, meaning there's a limit to the amount of resolutions you can add. Read the CRU documentation to see which resolutions to put where.

4. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Your and my friend is NvCRBT. I always use this tool to restore all my res after the driver install. Even better! This utility can restart your driver on fly! I have to use this feature a lot since nv drivers are somehow stuck on idle 3D clock many times in windows. Not just for me but for lot of us.
    https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Nvidia-Custom-Resolutions-Backup-Tool

You can make as many new res with different refresh rate as you like.
    Don't forget to run as admin!

5. haz_mat

haz_mat Master Guru

GPU:
    1070 FE
  6. mootyful

mootyful Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 Gigabyte
    I used to use this before and it worked well. It doesn't work anymore for me though with the latest Windows 10 drivers.