How to run BattleField 1 with HDR ? Windows 10 1703 ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Sep 13, 2017.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Trying to run the game with newest drivers and newest patch I get HDR but it doesn't seem visually correct. the brightness is all screwed up and I get HDR only when I ALT + TAB to desktop it says notification that HDR is enabled, but inside the game HDR is disabled.. I can't figure this thing..... it Auto Detect HDR but not in the game only when ALT + TAB. I tried to enable Windows HDR before going in the game, and it's the same. Off or On it turn it automatically only when on Desktop, not in the game. checking the TV Info also showing no HDR enabled while in the game .

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wait for RS3 RTM(1709). HDR is broken in Creator's Update.

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I agree with Memorian...wait for the Fall update. it's supposed to make some substantial changes to HDR...Like, I can get to toggle on but it doesn't look right and it also washes out the desktop with reduced color settings in Win 10 which is also supposed to be addressed.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    try running the game in " borderless windows" mode

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys anyone getting mouse lag since creators update?, i guess its a nvidia driver issue, because when i uninstalled the newest driver 385, mouse was responsive again. any fix?

6. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Tested the latest windows 10 RS3, HDR is still broken, Windows tells the TV that the DESKTOP is HDR... Yeah sure, good way to burn-in our OLEDS

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What's HDR has to do with OLED burn in?

In any case, this is likely how it will operate going forward: desktop will have to be in HDR for HDR to work in UWP apps (which are running in a desktop window after all) so it's not "broken". What is broken is the fact that MS seems to be unable to provide OS level solution for HDR in exclusive fullscreen and can't seem to output desktop surface in HDR "properly" - although I wonder if there even is such a thing between all the HDR standards and luminosity / contrast differences.

8. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    What has to do? you know that some colors can cause burn-in, like logos or the favourites from Firefox? forcing the TV to work as HDR all the day outside games is the dangerous thing you can do, if SDR is causing already Burn-in on some OLEDS, worst even for HDR, so yes, windows is a pure crap that is broken now, HDR was working perfectly before, now is forced all the time, dont want to end with a 3000$ TV burned cause of the damn desktop

it's a shame that to play in HDR, on windows exclusive games or not, you have to turn HDR each time if you dont want to burn your OLED TV

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why? HDR forces the dots to switch colors more often which in turn should result in less burn in, not more.

10. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    You don't know much about TV's as far i can see... Do yourself a favor, never buy a OLED TV or you'll end like this:

[​IMG]

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    From what you've told so far I can safely say that I know a lot more than you do. As I've said, HDR will likely reduce OLED burn-in if anything.

12. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    If thats a lg oled theres settings to prevent that from happening i have a c6 and i never have burn in

13. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Ooook, whatever you say dude :)

Then you should know that you have to be careful

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...neral/2804065-oled-screen-burn-photos-40.html

This thread does not have 40 pages from nothing

14. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    256k have you turned off standby, have your turned on panel shift. You can also do clear panel noise which takes about an hour and will clean your screen. I have read that thread on avs and im very skeptical about it being permanent. I have had a browser spot there before if i have fell asleep with it on and didnt confirm the settings i mentioned. I have no seen one bit of ghosting since i turned off standby and turned on panel shift. I could just be lucky but i do use the hell out of my oled it runs everything in my house so thats why i think those photos are bs or there having another issue.

15. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Too many photos to be "BS", the one i posted before comes from reddit, from a player of Overwatch, not from avforums where there's even worse cases

16. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    try 378.92 and let me know if hdr works..

only driver on creators update that fixes Mass effect hdr.

Few more testing, on creators update fixes hitman hdr with 1440p scaling with recent nvidia driver

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Now HDR with Windows Spring Update 1803 works in BF1 but when using any resolution other than 1920x1080p makes the Screen 4:3 or something...... WHY ?? like there is no scaling, I tried all Nvidia Scaling options, nothing changes it...