How to roll back chipset drivers?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by mykemyk2006, Oct 23, 2011.

1. mykemyk2006

mykemyk2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I installed the latest chipset drivers for my mobo and now my comp stutters a bit. How can i rollback the drivers? I have windows 7 64bit.

I can roll back other drivers but cant find the chipset etc or its saying its old drivers.

2. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Shame on Gigabyte!

You can install OVER the current driver version. It can be older version or newer version. Hope this helps.. gl

3. mykemyk2006

mykemyk2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Well i never install chipset drivers after i format. So i finally installed them and the stuttering happens. So i dont feel like formatting so i need to jsut go back to the way it was. I use the chipset driver that came with the board.

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    You can download Driver sweeper which can wipe Intel chipset drivers

however it is odd that the chipset is causing any stuttering are you sure its even down to the chipset driver

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    from what i saw its only Disk driver, usb? driver and maybe SMBus that gets installed, nothing else..

other stuff like mentioned here has to be done manually..

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I know with AMD you have to go into device manager and remove a certain system device, but I'm not sure with Intel. Would like to know as well.

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Chipset drivers are usually very tricky to roll back or sometimes even to update.

Do you have a previous restore point or maybe even an image of your C partition?

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well you can roll back to default windows ones in device manager

[​IMG]

by steep 4. select let me pick and chose default windows, well that's if you have a option to chose intel or MS.

This is the case with ICH x port SATA controller(s), PCI express root port(s), SMBUS controller, USB controller(s), LPC interface controller, intel express chipset PCI express Root.. Rest is usually or only MS. :nerd:

9. mykemyk2006

mykemyk2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    No restore point lol. It is the chipset drivetr because things have always been good for me for a couple years. Then i decide to update chipset driver and it magically stutters after that. Ah well ill just reformat . I do it alot anyways.

10. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Just install the latest WHQL chipset drivers, no need to uninstall current ones.

Also I would before doing that. I would update video drivers, update sound drivers,, Then install the Intel chipset drivers latest one, Not the one that came with your mobo.. gl