1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to properly uninstall detonators(Forceware)/catalysts

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by serAph, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Utena

Utena Member

GPU:
    2x 6800GT
    Updating Drivers on SLI

Nvm. I figured out the problem.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. charliemor45

charliemor45 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 512MB DDR3 Geforce 7900GTX
    Registry Cleaning

Removed

No advertising

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  3. erdrick6

erdrick6 Guest

I followed the steps to properly remove video card drivers to the T but I am sometimes getting lingering effects from problems some of the drivers caused.

4. garrion

garrion Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 8800GTX
    I've used Driver Cleaner Pro v1.2.
    According to their readme, it is recommended (but not necessary) to use their CAB cleaner beforehand.

Questions are:
    What is CAB cleaner?
    There are two CAB files availible to clean, which of them should i clean? (Both? Or only one of them? Or none at all?)

Many thanks,
    Garrion

5. Emile

Emile Active Member

GPU:
    GS7800, GF FX5200
    Un-Install vid driver with a multiple video cards configuration

Hello,
    I added a new video card to my system, I have now a GF4 TI4600 with 2 monitors attached AND a GF FX5200 with 1 monitor attached (mainly I "fly" FS2004 FS Flight sim) with Nvidia driver.
    I wonder if the procedure is unchanged with my new configuration?
    Thanks in advance.;)

6. OCZSpeedJunky

OCZSpeedJunky Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x MSI GTX465 SLI'd
    DC Pro Edition v1.4 release

Just FYI incase no one noticed, there is a new Drive Clean version on the web page, Pro Edition ver. 1.4 released 1/21/06. :rock:

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

7. SHINOBI_H2O

SHINOBI_H2O Member

GPU:
    Pine-XFX GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB DDR
    "Universal" Windows folder

Hi!

Just for the record: Windows has variables in it's registry, so that installer programs know the right folders' paths.
    These variables start with and end with "%", and are case INsensitive.
    Examples: %ProgramFiles%, %SystemDrive% etc.

"Start > Run > %SystemRoot%" [Return] would do the job 'anywhere'. =)

8. MidniteLancer91

MidniteLancer91 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280
    Does this pertain to installing newer or older versions of drivers? Like if I wanted to install a different driver version, do I need to uninstall the current one for the one I am about to install to function properly?

9. mcstarr24

mcstarr24 Active Member

bah
    only use DC if u are either switching from ATI to nvidia or vice versa

or maybe if you have installed a boatload of diffrent driver sets over a short period of time

95% ur fine just using unisntall and reinstall

people use DC out of some weird OCD i think

10. Ragnarök

Ragnarök Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GT @ Stock
    Where can I find the newest and free driver cleaner version? all I can find is DriverCleaner.NET and thats shareware...

11. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
  12. GregB

GregB New Member

GPU:
    WinFast A7300GT TDH AGP 2
    Old driver removal

I recently replaced a Leadtek GeForce 2 GTS videocard with a Leadtek WinFast A7300GT TDH AGP 256MB DDR2 GeForce 7300GT. I did this installation on 32-bit Windows XP Pro. I followed the directions that came with the new videocard. For the most part the card works OK, but since installing it Celestia 1.4.1 refuses to load and the satellite photos in Google Earth vanish when I zoom in close. Getting these two applications working again is the only reason I'm trying to update the Nvidia drivers. I noticed that I have an entry in the Add/Remove Programs list that reads WinFast Display Driver Outrider. When I'm removing the Nvidia drivers, do I also have to remove the WinFast Display Driver Outrider as well? Any information will be appreciated.

Followup:

I found out that my problem was with the NVIDIA video driver CPU support. According to postings on the NVIDIA user forums all version 80+ NVIDIA Windows drivers need a CPU that supports SSE to run OpenGL. The Athlon T'bird that I was using didn't support SSE. I replaced the T'bird with an Athlon XP 2200+, and upgraded the motherboard BIOS to support the new Athlon CPU. Once this was done all the 3D applications start to run normally again. NVIDIA said nothing about needing an SSE compatible CPU in their video driver release notes.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  13. mikbhoy

mikbhoy New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-3D1 Dual Nvidia 6600gt
    driver cleaner link not working;(.

14. Luggage

Luggage Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT 256Mb PCIe
    I always did updating this way, but lately cleaning files after removal causes bsods (narrowed down to cleaning nv4_disp.dll specifically) atill haven't figured out howcome. could it be related to having an nforce chipset?

15. Francois

Francois New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS
    Can I be helped on Vista 32 BIT ...Crysis freezes on opening EA page? Are Beta for XP for Vista too? ...will my Crysis ever be over?

16. Gig11gs

Gig11gs New Member

When i do that on Vista x64 OEM deactivates :( any way around that?

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I have always just uninstalled older drivers, rebooted and installed newer drivers, rebooted. No problems. Whats with all this safe mode driver sweeper crap?

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Well, I hope you never get the 4bit error. ;)

19. my_lo

my_lo Member

GPU:
    POV 9800GT - 1 Go DDR3
    Thank you for this nice guide, this is exactly what i was looking for but i have 2 questions:

1. In the step 3 of this guide, you say:

< *Note - steps [3-A] and [3-B] are unnecessary if you used Driver Cleaner version 2 or later >

but the only version i can find is 1.5.5: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/. Where could i get this version 2 or later?

2. Also, if my version of driver sweeper is correct and i used it in step 2, all i need to do in step 3 is to turn off my wifi router for the rest of the install so win can't install anything without prompting me, right?

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    1. Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner are two different programs which do the same task, though:

Driver Cleaner
    http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Driver Sweeper
    http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

2. I am not turning my Internet connection off and Windows is not updating any drivers, but I guess to be on the safe side, it won't hurt to turn your router off, my_lo. ;)