How to Place 2 AIO's

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Megabigd, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    I have an aio gpu and aio cpu cooler. I feel like I have them wrong. Ive googled all day and everyone says something different.

Right now I have the CPU one up top exhausting. My GPU one is on the side pulling in I believe(i cant remember atm) I have 3 case fans in the front pulling in and 1 on the back exhausting. I also have a PSU with the fan running installed under the gpu. Should I turn the PSU fan side down?

Does this sound right or should I do something different? My GPU never goes above 60 at full load which is great. Its my CPU that will hit 70 sometimes. Its a 10900K.

I am about to put a 12700KF in this system and I wanna do it right. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    There is no wrong way.The only thing that will happen is one component gets a little warmer than the other.It is fun screwing around so try different ways.
    Here is some ways to try.I bet all red arrows not the best but worth testing for fun.Number 8 had the best temps
    fas.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    tunejunky and Megabigd like this.
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I would mount that one as front intake.

I would use that one as back exhaust, and if doesn't fit, then as top exhaust. Reason being that this doesn't increase case temps as much. Using the GPU's as intake results in warmer air in the case.

Make sure you don't have the fans reversed. CPU as intake, GPU as exhaust. If you have both as exhaust or both as intake, you're gonna run into pressure issues where there's simply not enough airflow possible and the temps will go up.

You don't need all 3 intake fans if you put the CPU's radiator there. If the radiator takes 2 fans, you can just use 1 case fan as intake and 1 as exhaust.

I'm pretty sure your case has a mesh under the PSU so that the PSU's fan can take cold air from outside through the bottom of the case. PSU fan facing down is the correct way. If your case doesn't have a mesh or opening underneath it, then the PSU fan facing up is the correct placement.

This is the setup I would try first and see if my temps are more balanced. GPU temp might increase slightly because it's the exhaust now, which is fine since you only get 60c at load, but CPU temp should drop since it's used as an intake.

4. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    thank you. This is what I wanted to do but I just wasn’t sure.

I do have mesh underneath and my case has feet. It sits on carpet tho so there’s a little settling. Is that ok?

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Not sure. If the PSU makes more noise than usual, then it probably means the carpet is affecting it.

If you wanna be sure, you could get a case stand:

case_stand.jpg

tunejunky likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    also... if the case has legs that dont fit the stand just put a shim on the stand to lengthen it for the legs