How to lock down RX 590 gpu speeds ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by chispy, Jun 18, 2020.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Hi fellow Gurus i might need your help here. I have tried to lock down the gpu speed on my RX 590s video cards but it does not stick to the clocks i set on them using Bios mod Bios , amd gpu tool / afterburner or any utility :( .

As many of you already know , my hobby is competitive overclocking and benchmarking at hwbot. I have been trying to get the max out of my set up wish consist of 4x RX590 video cards on evga x299 Dark / 9980xe set up. I am having so many problems getting all 4 video cards to stick to the clocks i set on them be it using amd /gpu clock tool , msi afterburner and even the driver performance overclocking utility. The clocks just won't stick on the benchmarks of 3dmark and it always downclock to different power stages and the result it's lower scores on the benchmarks i want to run.

The only exceptions that lock down the clocks that i set during the entire benchmarks has been dx10 3dmark vantage wish is an older benchmark and it does utilize all 4 video cards and scores correctly and latest dx12 Timespy , all the other benchmarks like dx11 firestrike , dx9 3dmark06 , 05 , 03 , aquamark the clocks go to a lower power state and the clocks are all over the place :/ . I have never been able to lock the clocks in place on those benchmarks.

Exceptions and only benchmarks where the clocks are lockdown using amd / gpu clock tool : crossfireX x4 RX590s in Vantage ( cpu on Liquid Nitrogen and video cards running on water chiller ) - https://hwbot.org/submission/437559...e___performance_4x_radeon_rx_590_116156_marks

Timespy: https://hwbot.org/submission/4357031_chispy_3dmark___time_spy_4x_radeon_rx_590_18576_marks

Does anyone knows a way to fix the clocks i set to be locked down and not to downclock or use the Boost algorithm while running those benchmarks ? I'm just baffled that this is happening and i do not know if it is a driver limitation that cannot be over ride or if this is related to the Moded Bios on them fully unlocked to any voltage and clocks i want. First time ever i have had this happening to me and i would like some needed help / ideas to fix this issue.

Any ideas , help and guidance will be greatly appreciate it as i'm very passionate about what i do for my hobby. Thank you in advanced.

Kind Regards: Chispy

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i manage to set clocks to all pstates in the wattman driver app. just set all to the boost or stock clock and set all voltages to the same value as the last pstate. and you are done,just manual set the fan clock to 75% or 100% just in case.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Thank you for trying to help. That was one of the first thing i tried and it does not work in CrossfireX x4 . No worries i already found the answer to my question somewhere else ,but i truly appreciate it you trying to help me. Thank you.

Mods please close this thread i have my answer already and there is no need for this thread anymore. Thank you.

4. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    ohh dint know crossfire had issues, yes i did just use this on single card, but wait, please share the way to keep clocks stuck, how you manage this?

5. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Might be worth sharing exactly what it was at fault and your solution incase anyone has the same issue?