How to Keep Triple Screens from Moving?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Hayden202, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    Hey everyone,

Was not sure where to put this, figured it kinda goes with case modding.

I am trying to sort out some cheap way to keep my triple screens from moving around. I cant really afford wall mounts or a prefabed stand, so I am thinking of making something from scratch.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for things they have tried that have worked. Thanks.

I am using 3x 24" Asus VW246H monitors.

2. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Quit throwing NERD RAGES and bashing your computer desk around? :nerd:

Just messing, but seriously I am confused about how your screens "move around".

3. Helpful

Helpful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    You could use PVC pipe with 45 degree connectors, or just heat up and hand bend a PVC pipe. Then buy the metric screws that are the length of the monitor's VESA screws + the over all width of the pipe.
    Tape your pipe onto the backs of your monitors, just beneath the VESA holes and mark with a pencil.
    Then take the pipe away and drill holes a little larger than the thread size of the metric screws.
    Now go back and screw the pipe onto the three monitors :)

4. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    The PVC is a great idea, paint is flat black and it will look perfect, thanks for the tip my friend!

Is 45degres the optimal viewing angle for side monitors? I'm new this entire 3 monitor thing, im loving it, but trying to sort out where they should sit given that stretching effect added to the side screens.

5. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    Haha, nah its mostly for racing games. I have a logitech g27 that i mount onto my desk and I keep having to readjust the bezels each time after a race, just annoyed with that hah.

6. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahh I can see where that would be a problem. I used to race with a Xbox360 steering wheel, and the force feedback would toss around my 2 24"s from time to time. Kind of annoying, so I started racing with Xbox360 controller instead. I must suck with a wheel cuz my lap times where 2-5 seconds better with controller.

7. waxbytes

waxbytes Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
    If you want a cheap idea put all the monitors where you want them, with their bezels touching and flush and then use some wide duct tape behind the monitors to hold the bezels together. It only would work for one location and you would have to remove the tape any time you wanted to change anything, but it would keep them together.

8. waxbytes

waxbytes Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
    I watch too much Red Green. ;^)