How to improve your Movie experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Prophet, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    The easiest would be to go ahead and change gamma in nvidia control panel I suppose. If you have configured your tv that should not be needed though. One of the biggest advantages of doing this is that you in fact do get 'true' or good blacks. They have a decent calibration setting at lagom.nl, and among those a good way of determining where your light/dark should be.

2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Nothing. The picture is as it is supposed to be, the rest is up to your TV/monitor. As suggested, go to lagom.nl and use the test that they have to see where you stand at on that department.

Maybe you are just used to washed out picture, who knows.

3. deids

deids Guest

GPU:
    12 GB
    Great thank you guys for your suggestion. I will try it out. Thanks to you both.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

5. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    @Prophet>> I am not sure if you are still keeping a tab of this thread but let me try my luck.
    a. though i have installed FFDshow but it does not show up under Potplayer Filter Control Global Filter priority
    b. Potplayer Built-in Self DXVA Decoder option is not there for me in the drop-down, all i can see is just the default preset

6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Hi, yes I'm lurking :)

a. Uninstall and reinstall ffdshow. Don't change anything in the settings. I think you can reset all settings when uninstalling. In the global have you checked both add filter buttons for the filter? The one you want to add is called 'ffdshow raw video filter'.

b. I haven't updated potplayer in quite a while so this might be due to a new version. You can choose any there I think it's just for organization. Default preset (in my version) is probably the best bet. Ymmv.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  7. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    Glad to see you mate...issue with ffdshow is no more...my bad actually...i was using potplayer 64 bit version with ffdshow 32 bit :)
    and yea a lot have changed in the latest version of the potplayer, so i will live with the default preset...thanks a lot for your response.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    How do I check if DTS - MA works in the audio decoding ? I used the Arcsoft copied to the LAV Filters.

9. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    go to filter priority settings in your player and add all the lav filters and make sure they have priority to "prefer"

looks like this in potplayer:
    [​IMG]

edit:

when set like this: you don't need to check, filters in that list are always used, it's just up to you to set the settings inside the LAV filters to what you want.

If it makes you feel better (makes me feel better) disable integrated filter usage wherever you find them, though it's not really needed since that list is going to take precedence.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  10. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB

11. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    @Maken>> many thanks for the update mate.

12. i agree.. also using mpc-hc with lav cuvid and i love it :D best player ever and highly customizable :D

but i'll at least take a look at the potplayer (though i don'T expect it to be better then my mpc-hc setup because i configurated it perfectly for myself :D)

13. lol vlc.. vlc is a horrible bull**** noob player with superbad video quality :D mpc-hc destroys vlc in a glimpse :D

14. LOL @ all those pirated movies o_O and its not even real scene but only p2p bull**** lol :D well but regarding the topic.. the video quality in the potplayer is abysmal compared to vlc and vlc is abysmal compared to (at least my) mpc-hc. so well i'll not even try the potplayer out considering this quality o_O

15. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    The userinterface of potplayer is far better than mpc, and I can't tell the difference in quality.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    does potplayer support internet subtitle database downloading ?

17. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Is there an updated guide for mpc-hc with nvidia cards somewhere?

I'm on windows 10 and I'm trying to use nnedi3 but it still crashes when I load a video, everything is up to date. but I believe my configuration is wrong somewhere.

18. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    No problem :thumbup:

You mean this? > http://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=x30rncvstgmr9kcj9nous.jpg http://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xrki1h3was1kmkhkitnbe.jpg
    I used to search subs manually, but you could try.

@Prophet
    you should update your guide ( if you want ofc )

---------------------------------------------------------------

mpc-hc and potplayer both are great, you can make them look the same in image quality, all depend of quality of the source file, what settings in use, what shaders in use ( in case if any ) and more.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    This is probably a better place to ask.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

20. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Tried SVP a couple times in the last year or so and while it looks pretty good, till they fix the artifacts it creates (which i doubt is possible) i cannot use it full time without getting annoyed.